If Ranking gig is myth.

mr_asadali1

Some sellers in the Fiverr community have claimed that ranking on the first page of Fiverr search results is a myth. However, after investigating some of the gigs that were pushed back to pages 10-20, I noticed that there were still a few gigs with orders, despite being top-rated. This raises a question: If ranking on the first page is truly a myth, then why don't these gigs have more orders? On the other hand, when I checked the gigs on the first page, I found that 98% of them have orders. I would appreciate it if you could clarify this issue and help me understand it better. Thank you.

• Like 20
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Gig Ranking in a nutshell

You have to remember that Fiverr is running a business just as we freelancers are, the gigs that show up on pages 1 and 2 are important for their business due to the sales that us freelancers are able to provide. So they reserve these spots for the following:

• High performance gigs (High CTR & Impressions)
  • High return rate (Buyers keep on coming back)
  • High quality gigs (# of orders along side rating)
  • Editorial Picks (The editing team love the look of your gig)

Your gigs are monitored daily by Fiverr's automated systems, it checks your gig metrics from the amount of impressions to the amount of gig clicks. To ensure that you are ranking higher on the pages, be active, responsive and above all... offer a High Quality Service as this is your fastest way to the top.

If you are offering your buyers the best possible service, and they give you a great review, an amazing rating and end up coming back to fiverr for more purchases... then its a win-win for everyone... Fiverr get more business, you get more business and the customer is always satisfied.

These are the gigs that will be ranking first, as it will drive business all-round.

I hope this helps.

• Like 18
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, codingdan said:

Gig Ranking in a nutshell

You have to remember that Fiverr is running a business just as we freelancers are, the gigs that show up on pages 1 and 2 are important for their business due to the sales that us freelancers are able to provide. So they reserve these spots for the following:

• High performance gigs (High CTR & Impressions)
  • High return rate (Buyers keep on coming back)
  • High quality gigs (# of orders along side rating)
  • Editorial Picks (The editing team love the look of your gig)

Your gigs are monitored daily by Fiverr's automated systems, it checks your gig metrics from the amount of impressions to the amount of gig clicks. To ensure that you are ranking higher on the pages, be active, responsive and above all... offer a High Quality Service as this is your fastest way to the top.

If you are offering your buyers the best possible service, and they give you a great review, an amazing rating and end up coming back to fiverr for more purchases... then its a win-win for everyone... Fiverr get more business, you get more business and the customer is always satisfied.

These are the gigs that will be ranking first, as it will drive business all-round.

I hope this helps.

It sums up all I want to say. And I have a simple principle: focus on your client, be kind and try to help them as much as possible.

I think it helps me a lot in the growth of my Gig.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/13/2023 at 9:16 AM, mr_asadali1 said:

If ranking on the first page is truly a myth, then why don't these gigs have more orders? On the other hand, when I checked the gigs on the first page, I found that 98% of them have orders. I would appreciate it if you could clarify this issue and help me understand it better. Thank you.

The other Vickie on the Forum has an excellent answer. It is contained in this post. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I echo the comment that "the other Vickie" said that was shared above by Vickie.

Fiverr is NOT a search engine. This means that everything you know about SEO that works with Google is not going to have as much of an impact here. Sure, using keywords is going to help your gigs show up in searches, but anytime I've done a search I have to use additional filters to see my gigs. For example, I will filter it down to English, Canada, and my budget.

I would imagine that many buyers would filter down as part of their search for sellers which will throw off what many try to achieve by "ranking" for "page one visibility." 

Don't forget that searches on Fiverr can be filtered down several levels and that will cut out a lot of sellers as options depending on the filters used.

Just my two cents.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1