If I take help from Contact Support for minor issues. Does this reduce the impression of my gig?

mehedi076

Question

5 answers to this question

What sort of issue do you think would so that? I'm genuinely curious. But no, I genuinely don't think that affects anything. However, bothering them with questions you can find answers to online still isn't right. (Not that I think you'd do that.)

• Like 11

I don’t think support manually controls your exposure but it might be possible after checking through your account for related queries support finds your account should get less exposure, Maybe?

These are just assumptions and I don’t know how the algorithm works or controlled.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, imamiopial said:

I don’t think support manually controls your exposure but it might be possible after checking through your account for related queries support finds your account should get less exposure, Maybe?

These are just assumptions and I don’t know how the algorithm works or controlled.

Honestly, with the amount of messages they get in a day I doubt that have the time to actually check every single profile unless it's necessary. Many times I've sent screenshots and links and received completely irrelevant answers. Of course if someone reports a thing but gets a warning because of it (whatever that might be, I'm sure it's happened) that's different but otherwise I really doubt they have the time. 

(If say, there were 1000 sellers per category, it'd totally be possible though.)

• Like 6
  • Up 4

1 minute ago, katakatica said:

Honestly, with the amount of messages they get in a day I doubt that have the time to actually check every single profile unless it's necessary. Many times I've sent screenshots and links and received completely irrelevant answers. Of course if someone reports a thing but gets a warning because of it (whatever that might be, I'm sure it's happened) that's different but otherwise I really doubt they have the time. 

(If say, there were 1000 sellers per category, it'd totally be possible though.)

Yes, That makes sense and probably what happens.

It’s just my assumption and I’m unaware of the volume of staffs at support, how they operate, what kind of hidden changes they can do or if they can control the algorithm.

Just thinking of possibilities 🙂

• Like 9