Cancellation request

Hi everyone,maybe the question is silly and out of date by now, but today I experienced for the first time a request to cancel an order (which was quite substantial) from a client, after 14 days of working for them and submitting over 40 different drafts. The cancellation request stated that my designs did not meet their expectations. Foolishly, I accepted the cancellation because I felt humiliated by how they characterized me and my work, and I didn't believe that continuing to work together would make my life easier. Tonight, I discover that this has affected my order completion rate, even though the order was not canceled due to non-delivery. Is there anything I can do to try to resolve this situation?

Edited by ascoltavisioni
  • Like 7

22 hours ago, ascoltavisioni said:

Hi everyone,maybe the question is silly and out of date by now, but today I experienced for the first time a request to cancel an order (which was quite substantial) from a client, after 14 days of working for them and submitting over 40 different drafts. The cancellation request stated that my designs did not meet their expectations. Foolishly, I accepted the cancellation because I felt humiliated by how they characterized me and my work, and I didn't believe that continuing to work together would make my life easier. Tonight, I discover that this has affected my order completion rate, even though the order was not canceled due to non-delivery. Is there anything I can do to try to resolve this situation?

The only thing that you can do is keep your current and future buyers happy so that they won't cancel your orders. Cancelations stay on your account for 60 days, then fall off your record. Unhappy buyers who leave negative private reviews may affect your account for longer than that.

The only cancelations that won't count towards your order completion rate are:

1) orders that are due to buyer error or the buyer's fault (ordered by mistake, trying to get free work from the seller, asking for services that the seller can't or doesn't offer, etc.). For these, you might have to submit a help desk ticket to get your stats changed.

2) Orders that are canceled, but the buyer places another order within 2 weeks from the date of cancelation. In this case the cancelation will count until the next order is placed.

All other order cancelations by you or the buyer will affect your order completion rate.

• Like 4