Client ask me for invoice to pay later!

rajat2910

Hi,

Recently i got some clients they are out of money but want work. They want something from me where they can pay later and I can send an invoice with a time period of 14-15 days.

Can anyone suggest what can I do for such clients?

Thank You

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

You can create a customized offer and allow the client to pay when they are ready to do so. However, this doesn't guarantee that the client will actually make the payment, and if you offer your services before they pay, you risk the client not fulfilling their obligations and not placing the order. In general, I would recommend offering your services after the client places the order.

• Like 16
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rajat2910 said:

The situation is that client wants 14-15 days time for making payment. If I send an offer they have to pay now.

He doesn't have to pay right now, as far as I know, a customized offer is valid as long as the client pays for it or until you withdraw it. However, in your case, you will not have a guarantee that the client will fulfill their obligations until the order is paid for. What you can do is offer your services on trust. You will be fully assured only if the client pays for the order. Just as the client doesn't have money now, they might not have it even after 15 days 🙂

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

While it is advisable that you agree with your buyers on how to work, it is also important that you both meet each other's needs. It is true the buyer may pay after 14-15 days, but it is not a guarantee. I would advise that you let them know you will be working on the order but you can only deliver a sample until he accepts your custom offer. It is always advisable to maintain a relationship that guards both side's interests. I hope this helps.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, vannievans said:

I would advise that you let them know you will be working on the order but you can only deliver a sample until he accepts your custom offer.

That is not how it is supposed to work. You are not to start work till they pay, because we already know they are shaky. What if you spend time working and they never pay?  You wasted all your time. . 

• Like 13
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, easd41 said:

He doesn't have to pay right now, as far as I know,

When the buyer accepts the custom offer, the funds are removed from their payment method, and Fiverr holds them in escrow.

It is a good idea to make a purchase on Fiverr to become familiar with the buyer side of the platform.  

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 7
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

It is a good idea to make a purchase on Fiverr to become familiar with the buyer side of the platform.  

I have placed orders and I am familiar with how the platform works from a buyer's perspective. What I was saying is that the seller can create a customized offer, which is valid until the client pays or until it is withdrawn by the seller. The question raised in this topic is how an invoice could be created for the client to pay later. In the language of the platform, creating a customized offer can be considered as an invoice, where the client can place the order at a later time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, rajat2910 said:

The situation is that client wants 14-15 days time for making payment. If I send an offer they have to pay now.

The only way to do this is by completing and delivering the work and sending the client an offer to be accepted 15 days later. But everyone, the platform included, would strongly advise against this. Unless you've worked with them enough times in the past to know they're trustworthy, you can't guarantee that they will pay you. 
When I work with new non-Fiverr clients, I request 50% of my fee upfront or send them the audio with a watermark. They only get the ready-to-use file once they've paid my full fee. My trusted regulars get their file, but I request payment within seven days. That helps to maintain solid business relationships because they know you trust them, but that takes time. I would Never deliver work on Fiverr without the payment made first.

I made this mistake once when I was a fresh fish and believed everyone had integrity. A buyer owed me almost $200 because he "accidentally" ordered a voice-over for a script at a much lower word count than it actually was. I called him on it, and he said he would pay the correct fee. I sent the request for additional payment, and two days passed without a word. So in my naivety, I sent him the file to avoid a late delivery (I should have contacted CS). He accepted the file without paying me. I sent him two messages after that reminding him that he needed to pay the correct fee but I never heard from him again. Now I don't care how nicely a client asks for freebies or a buy now pay later deal, it's a flat no. 

Edited by leannelrivers
  • Like 8
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, rajat2910 said:

Recently i got some clients they are out of money but want work. They want something from me where they can pay later and I can send an invoice with a time period of 14-15 days.

Too risky, unless you have worked with them before and trust them.

If they are out of money I would tell them you are ready to complete the work when they are ready to pay.

• Like 9
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, easd41 said:

I have placed orders and I am familiar with how the platform works from a buyer's perspective. What I was saying is that the seller can create a customized offer, which is valid until the client pays or until it is withdrawn by the seller. The question raised in this topic is how an invoice could be created for the client to pay later. In the language of the platform, creating a customized offer can be considered as an invoice, where the client can place the order at a later time.

Nonetheless, the seller would have to trust the buyer to accept the offer at a date beyond the actual delivery. That is not something I would do. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2023 at 12:57 PM, rajat2910 said:

They want something from me where they can pay later and I can send an invoice with a time period of 14-15 days.

Sure, you can send them an offer 15 days from now. And start working then.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2023 at 4:57 PM, rajat2910 said:

Hi,

Thank You

Do not offer free services. There is no such option to work now and get paid later like that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If you are so concern about that particular client, my advice would be you should create a custom offer, go ahead and do the work but don't deliver it to the client untill he is able to accept the offer.

You can send a preview or screenshot if possible. If the client actually need the work and not aiming to just use you, he will find means to pay the bill, so far he has seen the demo or preview.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, brainiachades said:

If you are so concern about that particular client, my advice would be you should create a custom offer, go ahead and do the work but don't deliver it to the client untill he is able to accept the offer.

However, the seller may end up doing the work for naught if the buyer does not ever accept the offer. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1