Suggestion on Order Briefs

spinnekop04

I would like to know who has opted in for the order briefs and what your thoughts are regarding the option. At this stage, I find the order brief option to be irrelevant to the services I offer. It would be great if we could have more options to fine-tune the order briefs section. You can adjust the setting to receive briefs from a certain rate but even with that adjusted, the briefs usually have a ridiculous amount of work attached to them with a budget that does not suffice applying for the project. Any thoughts or suggestions?

• Like 5

I have found the briefs feature to be largely useless to me. I would say 75% of the briefs that I receive are for services that I don't offer, and the others are largely extremely low budget projects that aren't even closely aligned to my pricing model. I have kept the feature on for a while in case something interesting comes through, but at this point I think I'll probably switch it off.

• Like 4

Hi@

23 hours ago, spinnekop04 said:

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hi @spinnekop04, I have Promoted Gigs turned off and Get Briefs turned on because it's working better for me right now.

Here's what I learned about briefs:

1. When you first start out, most briefs will be irrelevant to what you do. If you respond to each brief by rejecting it with a reason, you can train the AI to send you more relevant briefs. If you don't respond, you'll continue to get irrelevant briefs. My most common reply is "I don't offer this service" (there's also an option to say it doesn't have enough info).

2. I think it took me a month to train the AI when I first started, after that's it's just ongoing training. Training the AI is best if you only pick one service to offer through the Get Brief feature (even though you have many services). Until Fiverr can let us have more settings on the Get Brief feature, this is the only way to really train the AI.

3. Even if the brief is in my price range, I won't send an offer. I used to, but buyers like my customized message without a quote. I choose to message the buyer instead with an exact breakdown of my services (what I think they need), links to my portfolio, and an offer to provide a detailed, custom quote if they are interested in my services. This allows me to address every point that the buyer mentions in the brief without locking me into a price until after after we discuss their project more in depth. It also allows me to see their seller rating from the inbox. I only send one message to the buyer so that it's not spammy.

4. I like the Get Brief option because it's free, it's not a lot of work (I only message sellers if I'm pretty sure I'll get the project) and I can turn it off and on whenever I want. It bounces back a lot quicker than Promoted Gigs.

• Like 2
  • Up 5

On 5/11/2023 at 3:02 AM, vickieito said:

I think it took me a month to train the AI when I first started, after that's it's just ongoing training.

Interesting to think about it as training the AI- and it makes perfect sense!

Does anyone know if the AI takes the comments we can write for the “other” box into consideration? I’ve had to explain why it isn’t a fit a few times (they need more than one person, a different accent, etc.) and I wonder if it’s worthwhile to do so or if I should just click “I don’t offer this service”.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bethanyvo said:

Does anyone know if the AI takes the comments we can write for the “other” box into consideration? I’ve had to explain why it isn’t a fit a few times (they need more than one person, a different accent, etc.) and I wonder if it’s worthwhile to do so or if I should just click “I don’t offer this service”.

Hi @bethanyvo, I think the way you are handling it is the best way (I really don't know if they are reading the comments).

• Like 4