Buyer keeps requestion revions and the custom offer I sent only had 1 additional revision

adrianaguirre

Question

Hi,

Basically the title, I sent a buyer a custom offer with my standard package which only has one additional revision. The buyer has already made 6 revisions and counting without purchasing another revision.

Is this a bug? Is there something I'm unaware of?

custom offer.png

Delivery #7.png

• Like 6

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, adrianaguirre said:

Hi,

Basically the title, I sent a buyer a custom offer with my standard package which only has one additional revision. The buyer has already made 6 revisions and counting without purchasing another revision.

Is this a bug? Is there something I'm unaware of?

Hi @adrianaguirre, unfortunately it is on the seller to enforce their revision policy. Fiverr's system won't enforce it for you.

That means if you only offer ONE revision, make that crystal clear to the buyer before the order starts (for custom orders), when the order starts, and whenever you make a delivery. Once the buyer has used up all their free revisions, charge them for the extra revisions by sending them a gig extra. If they don't accept the gig extra, you can redeliver the same file since you are meeting all of the order requirements.

If you break your own rule by allowing the buyer to receive as many revisions as they want, you are creating more work for yourself and CS agents can't really protect you if a dispute happens because you are breaking your own rule. Your revision policy must be made clear to the buyer at all stages of the order.

On this current order, you've already confused the buyer on your revision policy, but try to let your buyer know your revision policy and see if they will pay for additional revisions. Remind them of the value of the free revisions that they've already received (e.g., 6 revisions x your cost for each additional revision, such as $20 = $120).

You may have a unhappy buyer (or end up doing more free revisions on this order) but take this as a lesson learned and remember to communicate/uphold your revision policy clearly with any new buyer that comes your way.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

37 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Hi @adrianaguirre, unfortunately it is on the seller to enforce their revision policy. Fiverr's system won't enforce it for you.

That means if you only offer ONE revision, make that crystal clear to the buyer before the order starts (for custom orders), when the order starts, and whenever you make a delivery. Once the buyer has used up all their free revisions, charge them for the extra revisions by sending them a gig extra. If they don't accept the gig extra, you can redeliver the same file since you are meeting all of the order requirements.

If you break your own rule by allowing the buyer to receive as many revisions as they want, you are creating more work for yourself and CS agents can't really protect you if a dispute happens because you are breaking your own rule. Your revision policy must be made clear to the buyer at all stages of the order.

On this current order, you've already confused the buyer on your revision policy, but try to let your buyer know your revision policy and see if they will pay for additional revisions. Remind them of the value of the free revisions that they've already received (e.g., 6 revisions x your cost for each additional revision, such as $20 = $120).

You may have a unhappy buyer (or end up doing more free revisions on this order) but take this as a lesson learned and remember to communicate/uphold your revision policy clearly with any new buyer that comes your way.

Oh, I didn't know that. I believed that once the revision limit was reached it was impossible for the buyer to place a new revision and Fiverr would make the buyer buy another revision if they wanted to. I thought this all was done by the platform automatically.

This is the first time this happens to me in almost 4 years of working on Fiverr.

I'll do that. Thank you so much!

• Like 5