I get clicks, but no messages /orders/ what can I improve?

zuzana_mukumayi

Hello all,

I believe I get reasonable (for a new seller☺️) impressions on my gig and get clicks. But very few messages orders coming.

I tried to search for data specific to my industry (life coaching) and googled what can I do to improve. I changed the gig descriptions, the impressions and clicks went up almost 2x (but it could coincide with a few deliveries at that time).

So I wonder if it is the description, prices, profile or maybe my numbers are just normal (e.g. 523 impressions - 18 clicks - no messages, 460 impressions - 11 clicks - no messages) or something entirely different?

Do you have any advice on what can be improved?

Thank you very much,

Zuzana

• Like 2

13 hours ago, zuzana_mukumayi said:

Do you have any advice on what can be improved?

HI Zuzana, 

How many impressions vs. clicks vs. leads vs. actual orders we get differs wildly from seller to seller. 

I wouldn't get stuck on the numbers here. Instead, look at your monthly revenue. Is it where you want it to be? If not, how can you increase it? Think of it as you would any business outside of Fiverr. Your gig is your store window. If it's ugly, people will leave and visit someone else, or even worse, pass right by your shop. 

In most cases, improving the "front-end" of your gig (i.e., thumbnail/gig video and title) can increase clicks. The same + gig description can increase conversions, i.e., turning that click into an order. 

So, to improve, work on every aspect of your gig. 

I think your gig descriptions are good. They focus on the buyer and their needs. Thumbs up!

The profile picture also looks professional. Thumbs up!

Your profile description could do with some improvement. Correcting typos, improving your English, and ensuring that people actually understand who you are, would be relevant steps to take here. Perhaps you could try to tell a story about how you used the techniques offered to improve your own life. More on your background, less on the method? Just a thought. 

As for your gigs: only two have videos. I think all your gigs could use videos to their advantage. Videos increase engagement and trust and helps the buyer get to know you and your services. 

About videos: the audio quality of yours is not great. Perhaps you could record new videos in an area with less reverb (echo) or stack some pillows outside the camera view to improve the audio. It's not a dealbreaker, but if I were to hire a life coach I knew I would be talking to for hours, I would prefer someone easy to understand with crisp, clear audio and picture quality. 

Pricing: Starting at just five bucks sends only one signal: cheap and low-quality. No true professional want to work for five bucks. Fiverr also tries really hard to promote higher-priced gigs because selling a 100-dollar gig means more money not just for the seller but for Fiverr. In other words, the algorithm likes higher prices. 

I quickly looked through your category, and most sellers charge 20+ as their base rate. 

I hope this helps! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, smashradio said:

HI Zuzana, 

How many impressions vs. clicks vs. leads vs. actual orders we get differs wildly from seller to seller. 

I wouldn't get stuck on the numbers here. Instead, look at your monthly revenue. Is it where you want it to be? If not, how can you increase it? Think of it as you would any business outside of Fiverr. Your gig is your store window. If it's ugly, people will leave and visit someone else, or even worse, pass right by your shop. 

In most cases, improving the "front-end" of your gig (i.e., thumbnail/gig video and title) can increase clicks. The same + gig description can increase conversions, i.e., turning that click into an order. 

So, to improve, work on every aspect of your gig. 

I think your gig descriptions are good. They focus on the buyer and their needs. Thumbs up!

The profile picture also looks professional. Thumbs up!

Your profile description could do with some improvement. Correcting typos, improving your English, and ensuring that people actually understand who you are, would be relevant steps to take here. Perhaps you could try to tell a story about how you used the techniques offered to improve your own life. More on your background, less on the method? Just a thought. 

As for your gigs: only two have videos. I think all your gigs could use videos to their advantage. Videos increase engagement and trust and helps the buyer get to know you and your services. 

About videos: the audio quality of yours is not great. Perhaps you could record new videos in an area with less reverb (echo) or stack some pillows outside the camera view to improve the audio. It's not a dealbreaker, but if I were to hire a life coach I knew I would be talking to for hours, I would prefer someone easy to understand with crisp, clear audio and picture quality. 

Pricing: Starting at just five bucks sends only one signal: cheap and low-quality. No true professional want to work for five bucks. Fiverr also tries really hard to promote higher-priced gigs because selling a 100-dollar gig means more money not just for the seller but for Fiverr. In other words, the algorithm likes higher prices. 

I quickly looked through your category, and most sellers charge 20+ as their base rate. 

I hope this helps! 

Hello and yes, thank you so much! This is super helpful. I will just turn your message into my action points 🙂 

I was already thinking to take out the 5USD layer and offer this just as custom offer if people reach out to me - this is meant just as a discovery call. And I will do more research among fellow sellers.

As for the videos, I struggled with the fact that the thumbnails just look awful with video. I guess I will have to copy a static image in the video so it looks good - and will re-record with my podcast set-up 🙂 

Once again, I really appreciate your advice, thank you!

• Like 1