Is this a scam?

kpay10

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There,

So if you feel like it might be a scam, the best action to take is not to follow through. However, sometimes buyers may ask for a request if your gig may be similar or display a certain skill set that is similar to the type of service they need. 

• 4 weeks later...

I recently got a message about someone's project however it seems so shady? Im awaiting for their reply. I told them I'll gladly take the project if the details discussion are not outside fiverr. 

"👋 Hey , can you help me with

I am seeking an illustration designer who possesses good skills in creating captivating illustrations. After carefully reviewing your profile, I believe you are well-suited for this project due to your evident expertise and professional portfolio. Your profile description indicates that you are capable of working seamlessly with clients, and I am confident that we can collaborate effectively. As a Chemist
by profession, I value the importance of precision and attention to detail.

Complete Project Details - https://shorturl(.)at/rX579"

(I added parenthesis netween the dot so it wont become a hyperlink i hope, Idon't want anyone to accedintally get pished) 

"If you have any questions or concerns regarding the project, please feel free to reach out. I understand that I have provided a detailed description, but if there is anything that requires clarification or if you need further information, please don't hesitate to ask. Your understanding and successful collaboration on this project are important to me" 

Has anyone encountered a similar message? any advice would be such a huge help!!!!

• Like 8

Hello guys I just receive a similar (well same exact message template) message. Safe to say it is a scam and most likely a pishing scam! 

Its my first time getting these messages and I'm surprised they exist here in fiverr :< take care everyone 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I sent the customer the file through Fiverr, as the final product so that we could come to a price, but he isn't responding. Did he screen-record my file and did I get scammed?
Can't the Fiverr Watermark be cropped out of the corner it's in?

Please help

• Like 6

Im a new seller on fiverr, i got a message from an account, claiming to be working with fedex company.

The messages have been deleted for some unknown reason, but they said something along the lines of " Hi im (their Name) from fedex company, we are looking for freelancers to make social media design for us, please contact me @********* on google chats if you are interested." 

i asked why they wanted me to talk on google chats, she said it was so she could respond quicker and then said we can talk on fiverr if i wanted. She then went on to say they were looking for freelancers to design new clothing designs for the company, and i was suspicious but i said sure and she asked if i wanted the the logo design spot or social media design spot, and i said either. She said i would be the logo design, and my salary would be $9000 a month and a $400 weekly allowance. 

Then she said "Before you're hired.. We need to know somethings about you and get some legitimate credentials. Do you pay tax?" 

I was suspicious of this and so i said "I did when I worked at McDonald's a few months ago, but since I quit I do not have any taxes to pay, and I am sorry if this seems unprofessional but is there any way you can prove this is not a scam? I'm so sorry but I just want to be sure incase!" 

And i havent gotten a response since i just sent her it.

Also her account says new member (July 2023)

I am not sure about this, it seems too good to be true and i do not intend to give any personal information. But it seems maybe legit? Please help!

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, hannah_mccar said:

But it seems maybe legit?

It's not legit. There are many red flags here: the buyer is trying to tak we conversations off of Fiverr (each is against Fiverr's ToS). No one gets a salary here because we are freelancers. You also don't get "hired, a "salary," or have to provide any credentials here. You are a freelancer. Legitimate clients will buy your services by placing an order, and multiple orders I f they become your repeat clients.

I would mark this buyer as spam and move on.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, what's up with these buyers whom won't send a job on fiverr and  rather ask for your telegram account ,

I'm recieving many request from such accounts.

for exp : JosephineJacc she contacted me and refused to work on this platfom.  

Are they scammers or is it normal to work like that ? 

Ps: I talked to her on telegram and pretty sure she is a scammer.

Edited by we_translate
  • Like 7
  • Up 1

Receiving requests from buyers who want to communicate outside of the Fiverr platform and refuse to work there might be a red flag. It's often safer to stick to the platform's communication and payment systems to avoid potential scams. If you're certain someone is a scammer, it's best to disengage from further communication.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

"Hi there,

It's always important to exercise caution when buyers ask to communicate outside of the Fiverr platform. While not all cases involve scams, it's a common approach used by scammers to bypass the platform's security measures. It's a good practice to prioritize your safety and adhere to Fiverr's guidelines. If a buyer refuses to work within the platform, it's generally best to avoid engaging further and report any suspicious activity.

Stay safe and continue delivering great work on Fiverr!

Best regards,
Amith Fernando

• Like 7
  • Up 2

• 5 months later...
9 minutes ago, mahidmunna said:

I'm a new seller on Fiverr! Recently I had to face a lot of scammers clients. They offer me to go out of Fiverr! But I trust Fiverr. In that case, what should I do? What steps are helpful to get rid of those scammers?

Simply respond to their messages with the "Hi" then mark them as Spam. You can report them as well but avoid contacting them outside the Fiverr and also avoid sharing your personal contact details with them. Else you will be in trouble i.e. account suspension.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

13 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Simply respond to their messages with the "Hi" then mark them as Spam. You can report them as well but avoid contacting them outside the Fiverr and also avoid sharing your personal contact details with them. Else you will be in trouble i.e. account suspension.

Well, this is the steps one can take against the scammers. Do you think some gig subcategory or service types attracts relatively more scammers than others?

• Like 3

On 2/25/2024 at 9:17 AM, mmahfuzpro said:

Well, this is the steps one can take against the scammers. Do you think some gig subcategory or service types attracts relatively more scammers than others?

No. What does gig categories have to do with the scammers? There is no specific category which scammers targets. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2