Zoom meeting before placing order

jenny_tjj

Question

Sometimes client ask me to have a Zoom meeting before placing an order to explain about the project. I always tell them it is not allowed before placing an order

If there's any better approach to handle such situation, please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Edited by jenny_tjj
  • Like 22

12 answers to this question

There is a new feature from Fiverr called Paid Consultations and it is available to most sellers now.

You can set up a consultation video call meeting from your Seller Profile. Now you can easily connect with the buyers and even charge money for your time.

Thanks.

• Like 22
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @jenny_tjj, Fiverr now offers a ZOOM feature for leveled sellers:

image.png.277aca9fe15548fe0b8c73d1aa2efbd4.png

you can access it by clicking on the video button in your messages:

image.png.f342e4573498f7b7d3c68031603c92ed.png

If you are a new seller, the above will not be available to you until an order is placed.

In my line of work, meeting with clients before ordering is critical. Before Fiverr's ZOOM feature was launched, I used to send potential clients a personal ZOOM link for consultations. I would record all of my meetings so that I have proof of what we talked about in case something happens. If you're a new seller and do not have access to Fiverr's ZOOM feature before an order is placed, I recommend that you do the same. Fiverr has some leeway on communicating with clients outside of Fiverr messages, please refer to the following thread for more information on that:

Edited by licheng906
For better clarity
  • Like 16
  • Up 1

On 5/8/2023 at 7:28 AM, jenny_tjj said:

Sometimes client ask me to have a Zoom meeting before placing an order to explain about the project. I always tell them it is not allowed before placing an order

If there's any better approach to handle such situation, please suggest. Thanks in advance.

In my point, you should be steady according to the fiverr rules. Before placing an order, you humbly explain to client that is only possible after being an order. Because your time is really valuable, so, you can of course, charge for your session. Normally, clients ask for zoom meeting after placing an order. 

• Like 10

On 5/11/2023 at 10:21 AM, licheng906 said:

Hi @jenny_tjj, Fiverr now offers a ZOOM feature for leveled sellers:

image.png.277aca9fe15548fe0b8c73d1aa2efbd4.png

you can access it by clicking on the video button in your messages:

image.png.f342e4573498f7b7d3c68031603c92ed.png

If you are a new seller, the above will not be available to you until an order is placed.

In my line of work, meeting with clients before ordering is critical. Before Fiverr's ZOOM feature was launched, I used to send potential clients a personal ZOOM link for consultations. I would record all of my meetings so that I have proof of what we talked about in case something happens. If you're a new seller and do not have access to Fiverr's ZOOM feature before an order is placed, I recommend that you do the same. Fiverr has some leeway on communicating with clients outside of Fiverr messages, please refer to the following thread for more information on that:

well said sir thanks

• Like 12

On a different note, is it obligatory that you show yourself on camera? This makes me really nervous. I don't feel comfortable with it. My service is not able to happen by messages only, it needs a lot of discussion with the client and many reviews. I don't see the reason to be there on the screen though, we could only talk!

Is this really that absurd? 

• Like 10

17 hours ago, vvelkova said:

On a different note, is it obligatory that you show yourself on camera? This makes me really nervous. I don't feel comfortable with it. My service is not able to happen by messages only, it needs a lot of discussion with the client and many reviews. I don't see the reason to be there on the screen though, we could only talk!

Is this really that absurd? 

Hi @vvelkova,

I don't think it's necessary for you to show yourself on video every time you meet with a client. I only turn my video on if my client turns their video on, otherwise, I turn my video off for the meeting. 

In my opinion, it's only rude if your client turns their video on and you don't, otherwise, everything else is fine. 

• Like 9