Anyone else dealing with a huge slowdown in sales?

genesisbio

Question

Hey Fiverr peeps!

Just wanted to ask...

I've been dealing with a huge slump in sales since Easter. 

Like, I used to make 2k per month.

And I've made $250 in the last 3 weeks. 

Am I the only one experiencing this type of slowdown? 

There doesn't seem to be any particular reason for it. 

Reviews are good, sales were good, then all of a sudden boom... 📉

• Like 25
  • Sad 5
  • Up 1

20 answers to this question

1 hour ago, genesisbio said:

Hey Fiverr peeps!

Just wanted to ask...

Hi too.

No, everything is fine at my end!

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

16 minutes ago, mursalin78 said:

Fiverr's 4.0 update is to blame for the slump in sales! A lot of sellers have faced this problem!

I'm inclined to believe that because it happened so suddenly. 

Like one day it's all normal, and then boom 2 sales in 3 weeks. 

@mursalin78 any solution to this? 

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
  • Congrats! 1

26 minutes ago, genesisbio said:

I'm inclined to believe that because it happened so suddenly. 

Like one day it's all normal, and then boom 2 sales in 3 weeks. 

@mursalin78 any solution to this? 

Sir do you see sudden loss in impressions ?

That 4.0 update is all about "First time buyers satisfaction rate".

So may be their experience with you may not be good ?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, grayprogrammerz said:

Sir do you see sudden loss in impressions ?

That 4.0 update is all about "First time buyers satisfaction rate".

So may be their experience with you may not be good ?

That's an interesting perspective. I haven't received any reviews under 5 stars (at least public ones). 

But I guess if I've had any negative private ones, it could be a reason.

• Like 14
  • Up 1

It realy depends what service u are offering and if in that time Fiverr is running ads. Once they start with certain campaigns on facebook, youtube etc the sales increases. Also sales in general might plumed because its not Covid time anymore. One way to increase them is create ads with your service and run them on facebook,insta,tiktok etc and provide you fiverr link for safe booking process.
Based on the service you provide however might be that the problem is chatgbt 😄 Since thats the top thing now i bet that there are ton of startups using ai to write scripts, descriptions etc in seconds

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

39 minutes ago, genesisbio said:

That's an interesting perspective. I haven't received any reviews under 5 stars (at least public ones). 

But I guess if I've had any negative private ones, it could be a reason.

Normally I play a lot logical games.

Every month, I analyze my impressions.

Note start day of drops or raises, then say what happened at that day ? specially if they are sudden, and aren't stable.

In my case, at 15th I seen decrease in impressions.

I started collecting clues, checked which orders got completed nearly, or which clients are unsatisfied and may have written private review...

But no, actually I degraded level (from level two to one). That's why derank.

So I learned, there's always some cause. Fiverr promotes levels and satisfaction.

• Like 14

On 5/6/2023 at 10:16 AM, genesisbio said:

Hey Fiverr peeps!

Just wanted to ask...

Yes. Among other thing all gigs have disappeared from search results for more then a month now. Getting close to 0 impressions on all gigs

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

Guys and girls, I think that times are changing very quickly due to AI. 

I'm a top-rated seller with 1150 5-star reviews. 

I used to make ~2k per month. 

During the past 4 weeks, I've only made $250. 

I was doing more than that as a level 1 seller back in 2014. 

So it's safe to say ChatGPT and other AI solutions have just killed the gig economy. 

It's time to adapt. 

Best of luck to everyone. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

I have been a level 2 seller with 5 star rating here for a couple of years before I decided to temporarily stop selling on Fiverr, and worked for clients found elsewhere. 

Today I decided to check in to my account and see if the buyer project volumes are decreasing here as well, because the demand has drastically declined for me during this year. To my disappointment, Fiverr has taken away our ability to see how many projects are available (probably exactly for this reason), so my mission is not accomplished in this regard. But, now I see that you guys are also experiencing the bear market, so this substitutes the looking into the number of buyer requests.

So, your experience of fewer project requests is not just a fluke of bad luck, or because you did something wrong. It is the consequence of the global economic downturn. If you have paid attention to the news. you might have noticed that several banks have gone bankrupt this year in US and also in Europe, and the banking crisis is not over yet, in fact it just started. Many banks are insolvent and reluctant to provide loans to companies. Without loans, many smaller businesses go bankrupt, or at least drastically decrease their spending. All this translates to us as fewer orders. 

Unlike some other comments, I don't want to deceive you with false hopes. The situation will not get any better in the near future, it will only get worse. So if anybody's livelihood is entirely dependent of the money made here (or on any other freelancer platform) it might be wise to start looking for more money elsewhere.

Edited by lorpheus
typo fixing
  • Like 14
  • Sad 4

Same thing happened for me. After becoming a level 2 seller with 5-star review, I suddenly dont have impressions anymore. last 7 days, just 14 impressions and no clicks on any of my gigs (which are 7). I don't even know why this is happening. normally, when I become level 2 seller, fiverr must encourage me and show my profile to people because every client of mine was satisfied. I'm totally getting disappointed. The previous month i had 0$ ! and this month i just had 40$ from an old customer 😞 

does anyone know any solution?

Also my gig is related to music production, meaning that chatgpt or similar AI's can not create such content (so far at least) 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, artamusic said:

does anyone know any solution?

Yes. Start looking for income from other sources, preferably locally.

The US dollar is about to get hyper-inflated out of existence, or at least it will lose so much purchasing power that the current 'east is working for the west' system will come to an abrupt end. It will be like buyers will offer you $5000 for a day's work, but that $5000 will be worth like 50 cents today. Will you still work a whole day for today's 50 cents value? Financially you will be better off working in some local offices, workshops, or even growing food on the fields.

This is not something that will happen in the distant future, but it is happening now, the process has already started. The unbelievable $31 trillion US national debt can't ever be paid back, so they are going to default. Also, the BRICS nations and even the OPEC countries have already abandoned the US dollar as the main reserve and international payment currency. The petrodollar is dead, it's purchasing power and world domination is finished.

• Like 12

On 5/11/2023 at 11:47 AM, lorpheus said:

Yes. Start looking for income from other sources, preferably locally.

The US dollar is about to get hyper-inflated out of existence, or at least it will lose so much purchasing power that the current 'east is working for the west' system will come to an abrupt end. It will be like buyers will offer you $5000 for a day's work, but that $5000 will be worth like 50 cents today. Will you still work a whole day for today's 50 cents value? Financially you will be better off working in some local offices, workshops, or even growing food on the fields.

This is not something that will happen in the distant future, but it is happening now, the process has already started. The unbelievable $31 trillion US national debt can't ever be paid back, so they are going to default. Also, the BRICS nations and even the OPEC countries have already abandoned the US dollar as the main reserve and international payment currency. The petrodollar is dead, it's purchasing power and world domination is finished.

Thanks, but im trying to figure how the algorithm works . Its like fiverr decided to punish me for god know why!

• Like 7
  • Sad 1