False Identity Problems

Hello Fiverr Community,

I want to share my experience on Fiverr with you. Firstly

1.  I opened a fiverr account with a nickname and AI generated profile image
  2. Then Fiverr Seller account approved.
  3. I updated my profile and started to selling some software things
  4. I sold something and i earned 250$
  5. Then i got an email from Fiverr about "Your account permanently disabled because of false identity"
  6. Perfect :classic_love: I didn't know it was forbidden but it's okay. 
  7. Then I opened another account with my real name and profile photo.
  8. But this time my seller account is not approved.
  9. hahaha

I added screenshots as attached, you can see the messages and email addresses.

Fiverr says it clearly states the rules, but the support team isn't enforcing them properly. Also, a question, if Fiverr victimizes you, to whom can you complain? To the support team? :)

Thanks,

Murat Karagozgil

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 09.51.33.png

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 09.52.13.png

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, karagozgil said:
  • Then I opened another account with my real name and profile photo.
  • But this time my seller account is not approved.

I think the issue is that if they disable an account then they won't allow another account (or another seller account?) to be created by that seller. Maybe it detected that you already had opened a previous account on that device and that the previous one had been disabled (eg. by checking cookies or something).

I opened a fiverr account with a nickname and AI generated profile image

If the AI image was of a person (that wasn't you) that might have been the reason. Though if it was just a logo or something not a person then that shouldn't have been the reason. If you think it was disabled when it shouldn't you could speak to them about that (though it would complicate it now that you've created a new account. Maybe you could ask the reason for not being allowed to create a seller account in the new one and if it's because of the old disabled account explain more there - eg. if it the profile image wasn't of a human and you weren't misrepresenting as someone else).

You could check the TOS for the rules and the community standards (standards page: https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/integrity-authenticity)

Also, a question, if Fiverr victimizes you, to whom can you complain? To the support team? 🙂

You could speak to the CS team. You could ask to speak to a different member of the CS team.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3
  • Up 1