Let's Talk About RTO 🤔

jacquileekatz

The RTO (Request to Order) feature appears to be a life saver BUT Im really interested to know how many sellers have seen extended success with RTO turned on?

E.g. Over 8 weeks with RTO on - have orders slowed and then stabilised again? Have they stayed the same? Have they dropped completely? 

I'm referring to an extended period of time so we can see actual metrics that are measurable after real changes have kicked in to the algorithm 😃 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I have had the RTO feature on and set for 24-hour coverage for all buyers - new and returning - since it was in the original beta many months ago. 

During that time I have not noticed any negative impact to my impressions or order stats. These numbers have stayed mostly consistent, spiking and dipping as normal for the platform. The feature does not seem to have negatively affected my gig at all. 

If anything the feature has been an absolute godsend for me, as it's not only allowed me to have better control over my order queue, but also positioned me to better "pre-screen" potential trouble buyers before accepting a project, and make sure every order has all the required extras before accepting the project rather than fighting unwilling buyers to add these after ordering.

@Yoav.M As a side note on the topic of the RTO feature - it is my understanding that this feature is not available to all sellers at this time. To me this is not a "premium" feature, but an absolute baseline feature for business success and should be available to every seller. At this time I believe Fiverr is the only platform on the web for VO work that doesn't allow sellers the choice to review and accept or decline projects that come their way as a standard. Being able to pre-screen clients to ensure they're a good match, pre-screen projects to make sure you're comfortable with taking them on, and answering all questions ahead of time is exactly how I handle working with every direct client off-site, and it's good basic business management. I find it quite odd that Fiverr has not made this feature available to every seller, and strongly believe they should.

Edited by texvox
  • Like 6
  • Up 3

1 hour ago, texvox said:

I have had the RTO feature on and set for 24-hour coverage for all buyers - new and returning - since it was in the original beta many months ago. 

During that time I have not noticed any negative impact to my impressions or order stats. These numbers have stayed mostly consistent, spiking and dipping as normal for the platform. The feature does not seem to have negatively affected my gig at all. 

If anything the feature has been an absolute godsend for me, as it's not only allowed me to have better control over my order queue, but also positioned me to better "pre-screen" potential trouble buyers before accepting a project, and make sure every order has all the required extras before accepting the project rather than fighting unwilling buyers to add these after ordering.

@Yoav.M As a side note on the topic of the RTO feature - it is my understanding that this feature is not available to all sellers at this time. To me this is not a "premium" feature, but an absolute baseline feature for business success and should be available to every seller. At this time I believe Fiverr is the only platform on the web for VO work that doesn't allow sellers the choice to review and accept or decline projects that come their way as a standard. Being able to pre-screen clients to ensure they're a good match, pre-screen projects to make sure you're comfortable with taking them on, and answering all questions ahead of time is exactly how I handle working with every direct client off-site, and it's good basic business management. I find it quite odd that Fiverr has not made this feature available to every seller, and strongly believe they should.

@texvoxWell said and I couldn't agree more.  I am a member of the sellers plus Tier 1, so I have paid extra, but as you mentioned it still seems basic functions of the platform are only being offered to Tier 2.   Outside of the RTO feature, I have not seen enough benefits to support the purchase of the additional tier.  From my understanding, premium offers: "Priority Vetting for TRS" -- what does that mean? there is no guarantee and other sellers who have the premium accounts have been told by their success manager, that its really just "luck" and when Fiverr decides to promote you.   2. Success Managers: There seems to be great disparity among the success managers and how they operate. Additionally, many people in the VO community have the same managers, so why am I paying to to be told the exact same things as everyone else? More Coupons -- I don't even use the coupons I have have.  4. Early withdraws -- I withdraw at the end of each month, so I don't need this either.     

Why not make the Seller plus just one level as there really doesn't seem to be a significant benefit that warrants people paying more and withholding a basic function - RTO- for only those that have paid premium.  Now, with the new cancellation policy in effect, all users should have the RIGHT to decide if they wish to work with a buyer.   Many buyers make purchases and do not purchase the correct extras, then refuse and threaten with bad reviews, so we cancel to avoid this and as a result have given that buyer free work.  Now the buyer can still give us a bad review and hurt our business, the business that helps bring money into Fiverr.  So I ask @Yoav.M What can be done to help support the seller? Giving all sellers the RTO is a reasonable and fair request. 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

Hello @e_benincasa, @texvox, @jacquileekatz, thanks so much for your valuable insights and detailed posts. It's important to clarify that it is not within my control to change or determine any of the issues you have described here. That being said, of course I will convey the messages to the relevant stakeholders in our company, and we will try to understand if and how it's possible to make sure that you - our talents - will be more relieved and satisfied.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

I'm not going to say anything that hasn't already been said, but for the sake of adding more voices to the movement, I certainly echo these sentiments. As a ghostwriter, I functionally have an established long-term client base that supplies most of my work, and writing is so variable that almost no one uses the packages anyway, HOWEVER, when I was first starting off, that wasn't the case nearly as much. With the ability for clients to leave reviews on canceled orders - which I don't disagree with on principle - I do think that this becomes a more or less critical feature to extend to all sellers, if indeed it's an option for anyone. When I was first starting off, trying to climb the ladder through the different ranks, having this feature would have been helpful avoiding "problem clients," which in turn avoids cancellations, bad reviews, and makes the platform look better for everyone - including the stakeholders :). 

• Like 5