Random sudden craving...

zeus777

So literally a few minutes ago while I was taking a break at my office while I was reading through the forum...
I suddenly wanted to eat takoyaki. Don't ask me why. For any of those who don't know what takoyaki is, they are called....octopus balls I guess...?

some might say Yum, some might say Eeew~~, but hey, I like them, and I needed them!!
I ran out of the office, rushed to the store, and I got my takoyaki.

640x640_rect_132023495.jpg

I am happy now, I can get back to work.
What random food do you guys crave??

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

ACTUALLY my latest 'I need this now' craving was takoyaki as well, though it was a month or so ago. I went to a fancy omakase (well, Stockholm-style) with a friend and got to have them after years of not finding them anywhere. A bit after I had it at another spot but it was nowhere near that good!

I tend to mostly crave seafood or salty/sweet treats though, sort of a mix. 

(PS.: I did an AWESOME food tasting experience at a French/Japanese fusion place and now I'm craving some of their dishes, two of the egg dishes were to die for! It's kind ironic how I'm too lazy to make steamed eggs though, so I had to go to such a fancy place to have them!)

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

A Stockholm style omakase!?
Do you happen to have any photos? 😁  😁  😁

It was technically still Japanese I think (?) but one of the few izakayas here so I call it Stockholm-style 😛 I will make a post with the prettier pictures in a bit, the lighting was awful.

(But honestly, it's some of the best food i've had in this city so far. There's maybe another place that is similar but it doesn't sound AS good.)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

A lot of times when I go out for food, it's part of another trip.  I think the last thing I went out for, when it was just for it, was McDonald's chocolate chip cookies, but it's something that's otherwise never on my mind. There's a coconut curry chicken I always think about in another part of town, but it's too far and I don't have any other reason to go to that end. McDonalds is like a 10 minute walk, so it's easy to get up and go for just cookies. If I still lived downtown, I could see me going out for just that.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2023 at 12:24 AM, kendal1747 said:

would love to have a Philly Steak Sandwich right now

It was a mistake to read this post at midnight. I know it's a bit late to eat anything, BUT...
OK, now I want a steak sandwich too!! Not sure if I can get a good one in Japan though.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 1