How to build a career as a freelancer?

sharafu_vp

As a freelancer, I joined your platform with high hopes of finding work and building my business. However, despite my best efforts and a lot of time spent applying for jobs, I have yet to receive any offers or opportunities.

I understand that there is a lot of competition on your platform, and that it can be challenging for new sellers to break into the market. However, I am writing to you today to ask for your assistance in improving my chances of finding work.

Are there any resources or tools that you can recommend to help me improve my profile or increase my visibility on this platform? Is there any advice or guidance that you can offer to help me stand out from the crowd and showcase my skills and expertise?

I am eager to succeed as a freelancer, and I believe that this platform has the potential to help me achieve my goals. I would be grateful for any support or assistance that you can offer to help me get my foot in the door and start building my business.

Thank you for your time and attention, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Like 5

Hi, I'd love to give you some tips, let's get straight to it:

1. See what top sellers in your category/subcategory are doing with their gigs.
    • Please don't copy exactly what they do, but it's helpful to see how they structure their gig description, what kind of gig pictures they use...
  2. You need to think of Fiverr as a business.
    • Imagine that you own a retail store, every single person coming into the store is a potential customer.
    • Since they're right in front of you (physically), it's customary to treat them with respect and help them out in whatever way you can (without burdening yourself too much).
    • As Fiverr is an online platform, we don't get to see our potential customers physically, it's easy to think of them as just some random person from the internet instead of someone with a life, a job, a family...
    • In short, treat all of your clients/potential clients with respect, talk to them, make a connection, that's how you get repeat clients.
  3. Always put 120% in everything you do. 
    • Never do the bare minimum to complete an order.
    • Do more to earn that review (potentially a tip).
  4. Maintain a good work/life balance or you'll burn out easily.

I genuinely wish you all the best in your Fiverr journey.

• Like 3