Should I quit Fiverr after a bad 5 year experience with no sales at all, or keep fighting and hoping for the best?

saadhammadi05

I'M DONE!  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should I quit Fiverr after a bad 5 year experience with no sales at all, or keep fighting and hoping for the best?

• End your journey!
    • Keep fighting!

1 hour ago, saadhammadi05 said:

I don't know how to get my first sale so that's why I'm reaching out for y'all. Any advice will be helpful.

So...

This is likely not what you want to hear, but I will say it anyway because you might find it useful.

If something doesn't work for five whole years... perhaps it's not meant to work?

I'm NOT saying that you should give up on writing/etc. But... take a close look at your profile. Would you look at your gig images and purchase from yourself? Be honest! 

Read your gig descriptions: do you get the amount of info that you need to be able to trust someone from them? Do your offerings make sense next to each other? 

If I'm being honest, if I saw your account as is - made years ago with no sales and gigs somewhat ragtag, I likely wouldn't dare to order from you. The full picture just isn't convincing enough, to be honest. 

So what would I do?

I would focus on figuring out your niche - and making gig images that sell your gigs (I know some of mine aren't perfect, but in my niche, they still stand out.) yours blend in and not really in the right way. 

Your pricing is also a little confusing, to be honest: if I were to ask you to translate 1500 words for me, you'd charge me $65. If I asked you to translate 1501 words, te price would be $30. I understand why you want your prices to be flexible like that, and I know some people do that, but if I'm being honest, it feels a bit redundant. 

Clear up your gigs, make some new ones, niche down, and see if that works. If not...

Maybe Fiverr isn't the right space for you, and that's perfectly fine. It's a tough market with loads of cheap competition. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

37 minutes ago, katakatica said:

So...

This is likely not what you want to hear, but I will say it anyway because you might find it useful.

If something doesn't work for five whole years... perhaps it's not meant to work?

I'm NOT saying that you should give up on writing/etc. But... take a close look at your profile. Would you look at your gig images and purchase from yourself? Be honest! 

Read your gig descriptions: do you get the amount of info that you need to be able to trust someone from them? Do your offerings make sense next to each other? 

If I'm being honest, if I saw your account as is - made years ago with no sales and gigs somewhat ragtag, I likely wouldn't dare to order from you. The full picture just isn't convincing enough, to be honest. 

So what would I do?

I would focus on figuring out your niche - and making gig images that sell your gigs (I know some of mine aren't perfect, but in my niche, they still stand out.) yours blend in and not really in the right way. 

Your pricing is also a little confusing, to be honest: if I were to ask you to translate 1500 words for me, you'd charge me $65. If I asked you to translate 1501 words, te price would be $30. I understand why you want your prices to be flexible like that, and I know some people do that, but if I'm being honest, it feels a bit redundant. 

Clear up your gigs, make some new ones, niche down, and see if that works. If not...

Maybe Fiverr isn't the right space for you, and that's perfectly fine. It's a tough market with loads of cheap competition. 

Please check my gig too. Let me learn from you 🥺

https://www.fiverr.com/s/G8G7ja

• Like 2