Problem with auto refresher

milon380

Question

20 answers to this question

1 hour ago, milon380 said:

I can't be active 24 hours.

Why do you have to be active 24 hours? 

1 hour ago, milon380 said:

If I use auto refacer for some time then my profile will have problem.

Using any sort of 3rd party tools that manipulates the system is prohibited.

• Like 22
  • Up 7

New sellers often have this misconception about Fiverr, and it's pretty annoying since they often receive this information from their "Mentor" or "Youtube Fiverr Experts" who worked on Fiverr YEARS AGO!

However, the notion that one must remain active on Fiverr 24/7 to receive orders is very false. In reality, I receive most of my orders at night when I'm not online, and this has been the case even when I was new on Fiverr. Therefore, the idea that staying online is crucial for success on Fiverr is a myth that doesn't hold up. The most important thing is to provide good quality service, and that is the only way for you to rank up and get more orders.

Also using any software or engaging in any activities that manipulate the Fiverr system is strictly prohibited under the platform's terms of service, and such actions will get you banned even if you are a Top rated seller.

• Like 20
  • Up 3

13 hours ago, videoeditoransi said:

It was very helpful for me. Because I use refresh tools for 15 to 20 hours. All thanks🙏

Your account can get restricted/disabled sooner or later for using 3rd party tools to manipulate the system.

And please don’t encourage other sellers to go against Fiverr TOS.

• Like 15

On 5/1/2023 at 10:28 AM, videoeditoransi said:

It was very helpful for me. Because I use refresh tools for 15 to 20 hours. All thanks🙏

Thanks for admitting that you are dishonest and break TOS by using refresh tools.  Reported to Fiverr.

• Like 15
  • Up 5

3 hours ago, newsmike said:

and break TOS by using refresh tools.  Reported to Fiverr.

Though I don't think auto-refresh extensions should be used as it may be misrepresenting that someone is online and so manipulating the system if that's the case (and misleading buyers/wasting their time).

But, Fiverr staff have also said a few times that it can be used, at least in some circumstances (though if the user sets frequent refresh rate on it they'll probably get a message on screen saying too many requests from their IP for it.).

The TOS says that you may not "...use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site". So if the refresher was refreshing very frequently all day every day then they might think that is overburdening/slowing down the site.

But this is what Fiverr said in the official Fiverr Facebook page in November 2022:

Fiverr-Facebook-response-about-auto-refresh-extension-nov-2022.jpg.846c6e8a1adb0c9b11643a879cfcadb4.jpg

Someone asked Fiverr then if they could use an auto-refresh extension to stay online and Fiverr responded yes and without saying any conditions. So if there should be conditions then they should really have said what they were.

Here's another post with a screenshot of a response from CS

The message from support says (with bolding added by me):

...You could use Chrome auto-refresher for that as long as you reply on time whenever you receive a message..."

I think I remember a previous response CS that said something similar - where they could use it as long as they responded quickly after a message.

Though using it might be risky for an account I'd assume (eg. if it was set to refresh too frequently or if you didn't respond very fast to a message after receiving one while it was running - which might then seem to be misleading/manipulating the system by appearing "online"/active when you weren't).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 11
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1