Buyer claiming I am AI on my voicover

nathanjanusz

Question

A couple of weeks ago, a guy asked for a sample script recording, so I sent it to him. He said he liked it and it sounded really great. So he went ahead and ordered. I delivered the order he said it sounded good except a little bit robotic. He said it's fine we'll just work on it for the next one and decline a revision when I offered it. (FYI this was a subscription order). I got an order a few days ago and I delivered it today. He is now claiming that I sound like AI and is throwing a massive fit and wants to cancel the order after I delivered it, claiming I'm AI. What do I do? I'm obviously not using AI and his claim is just nonsense...but he already has the delivered product.

• Like 4

9 answers to this question

One way to prove that you are not an AI is to offer to provide a live sample of your voice via a video call or recording. You could also provide additional voice samples that demonstrate your natural tone and speaking style

If the client continues to dispute the order, you can contact Fiverr's customer support team for assistance.

And in the future, I recommend you protect your work by adding a watermark or other form of protection to your delivered work on Fiverr. Make sure to let the client know that the watermark is temporary and will be removed on the final delivery. Dont overdo the watermark as it can get annoying as well

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nathanjanusz said:

But how can I protect audio files from theft?

Follow this 👇

9 minutes ago, filusaad said:

And in the future, I recommend you protect your work by adding a watermark or other form of protection to your delivered work on Fiverr. Make sure to let the client know that the watermark is temporary and will be removed on the final delivery. Dont overdo the watermark as it can get annoying as well

For more information on how and when to watermark your projects, I recommend watching this YouTube video

8 minutes ago, nathanjanusz said:

Okay I will record a sample that is literally me saying I'm not AI. I can include video. 

Maintaining a professional tone is crucial, and I suggest starting the message with a greeting such as Hello [Name], I wanted to provide you with a video proof that confirms I am not an AI. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know, and I will be more than happy to assist you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Post your VO that you delivered here. We'll tell you 

If it sounds anything like your demo then you have nothing to worry about.  Take it slow, and refuse his cancellation requests every time. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, filusaad said:

Follow this 👇

For more information on how and when to watermark your projects, I recommend watching this YouTube video

Maintaining a professional tone is crucial, and I suggest starting the message with a greeting such as Hello [Name], I wanted to provide you with a video proof that confirms I am not an AI. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know, and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I am out of posts today apparently. I didn't realize there is a limit. 

Edited by nathanjanusz
Needed to update something
  • Like 2