GIGS rotation or shuffling not happening, did you notice?

nainaratnani

Question

13 minutes ago, imamiopial said:

Not sure but I think it doesn’t work like that.

Check it, I am sure.

Go into your buyer section, the gigs used to shuffle before & there were movements but now the gigs have been fixed & don't even shuffle. No matter how much you refresh.

• Like 13

10 hours ago, zakir360 said:

From my side, it's shuffling. Its works as well as before......

Nope, it's not.

You have not checked properly.

Go into buyer section & refresh the page then check that are the gigs are changing their position. it's very slow like when you refresh for 30 to 40 times then 1 or 2 gigs change their position. Before it was not like that but with every refresh gigs used to change their position.

Thank you

• Like 14

2 hours ago, nainaratnani said:

Go into buyer section & refresh the page then check that are the gigs are changing their position. it's very slow like when you refresh for 30 to 40 times then 1 or 2 gigs change their position. Before it was not like that but with every refresh gigs used to change their position.

Search results are not the same for every person. It depends on what you are looking for. The positioning is static, but what you see is not what buyers will see. So.. it doesn't matter and it doesn't make any difference either. You're overthinking things instead of working on your gig and improving your services to really stand out. If you have great performance and buyers are happy, you will always be at the top and surpass others 🙂

• Like 15
  • Up 1

17 hours ago, nainaratnani said:

Hi,

Have you noticed gigs rotation or shuffling is not happening as when you go into the buyer section, whenever we refresh so gigs change their position but they are not changing their positions now & does not matter how many times you refresh.

Did you notice?

Damn. You are right.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

If you have great performance and buyers are happy, you will always be at the top and surpass others

Are you 100% sure of what you are saying?  Since Fiverr has removed our gigs from search results even with high performance...

• Like 11
  • Up 3

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Search results are not the same for every person. It depends on what you are looking for. The positioning is static, but what you see is not what buyers will see. So.. it doesn't matter and it doesn't make any difference either. You're overthinking things instead of working on your gig and improving your services to really stand out. If you have great performance and buyers are happy, you will always be at the top and surpass others 🙂

Sorry to say but you're saying this without checking.

You must check before you talk to share what you see & your experience.

I know it, the results are not same for everyone but gigs have not been static before & also how will I surpass others with my performance if my gigs have been stuck where those are & there is no change in position of anyone else which used to be just by refreshing.

Also, our gigs are not in search results since 100+ days which is almost 3 & half months.

• Like 14

Also, our gigs are not in search results since 100+ days which is almost 3 & half months.

This seems to coincide with a less than stellar review you had around that time. That person most likely left you a negative private review, which will push you back in search. That, combined with late deliveries and cancellations will always push you back, sometimes you even end up removed from search.

3 hours ago, venonusa said:

Are you 100% sure of what you are saying?  Since Fiverr has removed our gigs from search results even with high performance...

High performance seen publicly from your side. Fiverr has a private review system, they ask buyers for a private review where a lot of people sometimes rate you lower than they did publicly. So yeah, I know very well what I am talking about. The past few weeks I had almost no orders from new clients and relied on previous clients because I had one or two less than private stellar reviews from new clients, something that was also confirmed by my success manager from Seller Plus. 

So yes, just because you see that you received great reviews publicly, that doesn't mean that person was 100% happy and they just leave that review as a courtesy. With private reviews people tend to be a lot more honest about the work they received. So it's possible to receive a bad private review even if the public review seems very good. 

The bottom line is, we don't see any major information about gig performance, metrics like private reviews, first time buyer private reviews, these are crucial for your "gig ranking" and these are only available to Fiverr. So yeah, we don't have access to all the info, there are other metrics Fiverr uses to rank gigs and choose how they are displayed to buyers. 

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 15
  • Up 1

Sorry to say but you're saying this without checking.

I know it, the results are not same for everyone but gigs have not been static before & also how will I surpass others with my performance if my gigs have been stuck where those are & there is no change in position of anyone else which used to be just by refreshing.

Your gig marketing in a proper way.

thanks

Amit_Debnath

• Like 12
  • Confused 1

gigs have not been static before

Yes, it's Fiverr trying something new. And they are not static by the way, their position seems the same for a little bit, however it does change once or twice a day, unless Fiverr deems that search result appropriate based on the metrics you have. As I said, positioning doesn't matter because buyers tend to use different keywords, so your search position for a keyword will differ when compared to another word buyers might use to find services.

How do you know I don't browse search results?  🙂 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Yes, it's Fiverr trying something new. And they are not static by the way, their position seems the same for a little bit, however it does change once or twice a day, unless Fiverr deems that search result appropriate based on the metrics you have. As I said, positioning doesn't matter because buyers tend to use different keywords, so your search position for a keyword will differ when compared to another word buyers might use to find services.

How do you know I don't browse search results?  🙂 

Positioning does not matter.

They are searchable or not searchable that matters or even that doesn't matter?

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, nainaratnani said:

Positioning does not matter.

You were talking about positioning 🙂

6 minutes ago, nainaratnani said:

They are searchable or not searchable that matters or even that doesn't matter?

As I said, you had some performance problems in the backend from metrics you don't see. 

• Like 14

9 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

2 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Fiverr has a private review system, they ask buyers for a private review where a lot of people sometimes rate you lower than they did publicly. So yeah, I know very well what I am talking about. The past few weeks I had almost no orders from new clients and relied on previous clients because I had one or two less than private stellar reviews from new clients, something that was also confirmed by my success manager from Seller Plus. 

So yes, just because you see that you received great reviews publicly, that doesn't mean that person was 100% happy and they just leave that review as a courtesy. With private reviews people tend to be a lot more honest about the work they received. So it's possible to receive a bad private review even if the public review seems very good. 

I know about private reviews and our account hasn't received any negative ones these months. ( this confirmed from the shift manager ) So even if you have stellar performance and excellent private reviews it does not mean that fiverr put you at the top and surpass others  ( as you said in the previous message )

Fiverr can remove your gigs from search results even if you have stellar performance.

Edited by venonusa
  • Like 12
  • Up 1

35 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

You were talking about positioning 🙂

As I said, you had some performance problems in the backend from metrics you don't see. 

Sorry to say but the performance has not been that much worst so that all the gigs are not in search since more than 3 months & if it had been then is there only solution for removal of whole account for so many days.

Also, there are unlimited number of other sellers whose performance is very low but they are in search either at top or some else pages.

• Like 11

58 minutes ago, venonusa said:

So even if you have stellar performance and excellent private reviews it does not mean that fiverr put you at the top and surpass others

You have 2 public reviews that are seen as bad, so we can only assume the private reviews for those reviews were bad too. That certainly explains a lack of orders and your account being pushed away. And remember, seller managers won't reveal specifics. They can't reveal all the info they have available. I can't be 100% sure either, but 2 bad reviews within the span of 2 months will certainly bring issues, especially if you don't have a lot of incoming orders all the time.

1 hour ago, venonusa said:

Fiverr can remove your gigs from search results even if you have stellar performance.

Well it depends man. As you said, private reviews are a thing and if they come from a new seller to the platform or a person you never worked with, then that can be catastrophic for your account. Performance also covers stuff like how many orders were processed successfully, if you have great reviews and complete 20 orders in a month, but another person has the same results yet they complete 100 orders within that same timeperiod, one can only assume the other person ranks better. As I mentioned below, there are a lot of unknowns. We can only talk about the things we see. I can say from my expreience within the past 2 months that receiving a single bad private review from a customer new to me (not to the platform) ended up pushing my gig out of search. 

55 minutes ago, nainaratnani said:

Also, there are unlimited number of other sellers whose performance is very low but they are in search either at top or some else pages.

You can't know the performance of other sellers. You just see reviews, there's no way to know how many orders without reviews they had. Take me for example, I have double the number of orders when compared to how many reviews you see. For me, 60% or less customers leave orders. However, a customer can also mark an order as complete and leave a bad private review. They didn't leave a bad public review, they left a bad private one, and that can be very bad for your business. The problem is that you don't even know about this. It happened to me and I am sure to many others. 

Fiverr tracks performance for the past 2 months. If you had no orders the past 60 days, then obviously others will be pushed at the top of search. It doesn't matter what results you had in the past year, they only cover the past 2 months or sometimes 3 months for bad private reviews. Which means that's the timespan you want to focus on. 

I was just trying to help you and sharing my knowledge, which is what the forum is about. My opinion is that whenever there is a slump, you can always try to extend to other platforms, while also offering new services on Fiverr as well. Improving your skillset and learning new things that you can offer as a service here will also help. That's what I do, I am trying to see a lack of orders as an opportunity. I saw that gig positioning freezes for some sellers, however you have to wonder, "how does that affect me"? Will it bring more sales or is it just a waste of time to check that? That's what I do.

• Like 14

March was my peek month on Fiverr, I got mostly repeating buyers or new buyers repeating orders throughout March so I'm confused if they gave me negative private feedback how they did that and came back again and messaged me to work on another order. 

Not impossible, just a bit confusing.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, venonusa said:

Really you are also facing same issue! 

I don't know why Fiverr remove our all gigs from their search 😞

• Like 13

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

You have 2 public reviews that are seen as bad, so we can only assume the private reviews for those reviews were bad too. That certainly explains a lack of orders and your account being pushed away. And remember, seller managers won't reveal specifics. They can't reveal all the info they have available. I can't be 100% sure either, but 2 bad reviews within the span of 2 months will certainly bring issues, especially if you don't have a lot of incoming orders all the time.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Anyway, I did some math, I got more or less 140 positive reviews in 1 month and 1 review with a 2.7 rating, if only 1 review can destroy the performance of the seller there is something wrong with the system....

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, venonusa said:

if only 1 review can destroy the performance of the seller there is something wrong with the system....

They track 2 months not 1. Sometimes even 3. If these bad reviews are from first time buyers it's even worse. Plus you don't know what people are sharing privately. I had someone that rated me with a single star because it was 12 AM their time and just wanted to get rid of the review process. The review text was great, but it didn't matter because Fiverr sees it as a bad one. So yeah, who knows what buyers share privately. If you see drops in performance, most likely it's not just a single review...

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

They track 2 months not 1. Sometimes even 3. If these bad reviews are from first time buyers it's even worse. Plus you don't know what people are sharing privately. I had someone that rated me with a single star because it was 12 AM their time and just wanted to get rid of the review process. The review text was great, but it didn't matter because Fiverr sees it as a bad one. So yeah, who knows what buyers share privately. If you see drops in performance, most likely it's not just a single review...

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I have one question on this topic.

If the seller profile down after the private negative feedback then this effect gone automatically after few days or what's the way to recover this. Please tell me if you know about this. Thanks again 

• Like 13

11 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Anyway, for both @nainaratnani and @venonusa, I was sharing my knowledge accumulated for around 10 years on Fiverr. You don't have to agree with the things I said, but I only shared stuff that I experienced myself, so I know very well what I am talking about. Good luck to both, I'll stop posting or replying to this topic.

First of all, thank you very much for your responses which matters a lot & you do share what you experience, please do ahead as well.

12 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I saw that gig positioning freezes for some sellers, however you have to wonder, "how does that affect me"? Will it bring more sales or is it just a waste of time to check that? That's what I do.

Second, I already shared before as it affects:

I know it, the results are not same for everyone but gigs have not been static before & also how will I surpass others with my performance if my gigs have been stuck where those are & there is no change in position of anyone else which used to be just by refreshing.

12 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I saw that gig positioning freezes for some sellers.

Third, it's not for some sellers but it's for all the gigs of platform which have been static. There is very little movement equals to NO which didn't use to be & how much good I am going to perform which is not suppose to change my position or gigs to come back in search.

• Like 8