Is it worth staying online or pretending to be online to get orders?

leo_graphiq

Question

If we use an auto-refresher extension to pretend to stay online, is it worth it? As we know, there is a filter on the search result page to show only online sellers' gigs. As a new seller, I am not always online. Just 2 to 3 hours only use Fiverr. I want to know if using the auto-refreshing extension is worth it or a time waste.

• Like 8

18 answers to this question

Never use any Auto Extension or don't trick the system if you want to stay for a longer run. It is very important that you stay online and Active but You should actually spend time on Fiverr so that you can respond to them quickly. 

Giving 2-3 is a bit less considering the competition and available Sellers. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2023 at 7:19 PM, leo_graphiq said:

I want to know if using the auto-refreshing extension is worth it or a time waste.

It's not allowed, and it could get you in trouble.

On 4/29/2023 at 7:19 PM, leo_graphiq said:

As we know, there is a filter on the search result page to show only online sellers' gigs.

There is, but it's mostly buyers who need something urgently who use it. And they can be difficult to work with.

I get all of my orders when I'm offline. Even when I started out, I was getting most of my orders when I was offline.

• Like 4
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2023 at 12:19 PM, leo_graphiq said:

If we use an auto-refresher extension to pretend to stay online, is it worth it?

Only if you want your account to be closed for fraud, since you are lying, right? Especially now that you have publicly confessed to breaking the TOS.  

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 4
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, filipdevaere said:

WRONG! Staying online or being active is useless and a waste of time.

If 2k Sellers are online out of 10k and buyers Activate that Online Sellers-only feature then you are already shortlisted. So I think being active and using your only chances can help you. 
In Bug fixing normally buyers try to find seller who is online and ready to work right away.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, saimii said:

If 2k Sellers are online out of 10k and buyers Activate that Online Sellers-only feature then you are already shortlisted. So I think being active and using your only chances can help you. 
In Bug fixing normally buyers try to find seller who is online and ready to work right away.  

Keep dreaming. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, newsmike said:

Only if you want your account to be closed for fraud, since you are lying, right? Especially now that you have publicly confessed to breaking the TOS.  

Actually, we need to get proper answers to our questions. That's why I'm asking like that. This will help most newcomers to be aware of these kinds of miths. And don't be rude when someone asks for help or advice. Actually, we all appreciate advice from experts like you. Thank you.

• Like 5

TO ALL:

Everything has been explained hundreds of times on the forum, but hardly anyone reads it. I'm not wasting my time writing it down again. I have orders to finish, and I have absolutely no time for this. 
Don't be lazy, take your time and start studying the forum. Read only the advice from experienced sellers (avoid the new sellers and the sellers with no or only a few orders). By the way, @ak_456 should be an experienced seller, but the seller is giving 100% wrong advice. 

• Like 7
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, filipdevaere said:

TO ALL:

Everything has been explained hundreds of times on the forum, but hardly anyone reads it. I'm not wasting my time writing it down again. I have orders to finish, and I have absolutely no time for this. 
Don't be lazy, take your time and start studying the forum. Read only the advice from experienced sellers (avoid the new sellers and the sellers with no or only a few orders). By the way, @ak_456 should be an experienced seller, but the seller is giving 100% wrong advice. 

well i asked by teacher to be online for order on my whole time period at fiverr . but yess now i i learnt from you . its easy if we keep offline , and can get orders. much appreciated you corrected me Sir 🙂

• Like 5

@leo_graphiq

You are the one being rude and dishonest. Why would you ask about an auto refresher if you did not want to lie about your online status? If you were honest you would never have asked if you could use something that fakes online status.  

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Why would you ask about an auto refresher if you did not want to lie about your online status?

I am in a South Asian country, and most of the customers are online at 12–4 a.m. local time. So I heard there is an extension to being online while I am sleeping. Before that, I ask the community to get proper answers. And thank you for your answers full of information and your kind words to new sellers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, leo_graphiq said:

I am in a South Asian country, and most of the customers are online at 12–4 a.m. local time. So I heard there is an extension to being online while I am sleeping. Before that, I ask the community to get proper answers. And thank you for your answers full of information and your kind words to new sellers.

It makes no difference where you are. Deceiving potential customers is dishonest. Faking being online when you are sleeping is dishonest. 

• Like 5
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

If you fake being online, a buyer may contact you while you are actually asleep. That buyer will expect you to answer quickly because your profile appears to be online. In addition, if you are sleeping and faking being online and do not reply to the buyer, your response time will increase. 

I like @catwriter get many orders when I am offline.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, saimii said:

2k is not much of a shortlist.

3 hours ago, saimii said:

And if you appear to be online but are actually sleeping, buyer will think you're ignoring them and will get angry at you. Especially if they need that bug fixed fast.

3 hours ago, leo_graphiq said:

Actually, we need to get proper answers to our questions. That's why I'm asking like that.

That specific question was asked (and answered) hundreds of times, if not more. Search the forum before asking.

3 hours ago, leo_graphiq said:

And don't be rude when someone asks for help or advice.

If someone asks a question that was already asked and answered hundreds of times before, they're the one being rude (and lazy and entitled), because they're ignoring all the effort that was already put into answering that question.

• Like 5
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1