Suggestion : Inbox Buyers Special Notes on right side

rizwan14321

Hi! 

Hope it happens with most of the seller as well that when old buyers contact again after many months / days , we have to scroll previous messages to remember their website / details of past. 

So, can the fiverr add a function of some special notes feature for inbox contacts at right side like in the order pages we have that as well, so we can add some few things to them to remember later.

What you guys think ?

• Like 13

Hi @rizwan14321 & @midsummervoice,

I know @Yoav.M is passing information on to the appropriate folks at Fiverr. In the meantime, the best way to create notes right now in the inbox is to create custom labels for your messages so that you can "sort" all conversations to show only the relevant messages:

image.png.acb19e1dff02d2f33baee87d5b5337ee.png

For example, I created categories of "Seller" (so I can easily see all of my seller messages when I'm operating as a buyer), and "Potential Buyer" (so I can see all my messages from new contacts who may place an order). 

I use the existing labels of "Starred" for "hot" potential buyers and repeat buyers who are likely to order within the next week, "Follow-up" or "Nudge" for prospects who need a little more support before buying, and "Repeat Buyer" (not showing in the screenshot) if I want to see all the buyers that have ordered 2x or more from me.

I might create more labels if the need arises, but these labels make it really easy to quickly sort/find the messages from buyers and sellers (even from 7 months ago) that I've labeled in a certain way. I never have to scroll through my messages (I only have to scroll through the conversations). I go through my lists every now and then to update the labels or to send out Seller Plus coupons to give some of the older buyers incentive to come back.

Sometimes I'll delete messages entirely, because when buyers come back and message me, all of the old messages come back into my inbox as well. That helps to keep my inbox clean. Hope this information helps!

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Hi @rizwan14321 & @midsummervoice,

I know @Yoav.M is passing information on to the appropriate folks at Fiverr. In the meantime, the best way to create notes right now in the inbox is to create custom labels for your messages so that you can "sort" all conversations to show only the relevant messages:

That's a great tip and thanks for sharing!

While it's a helpful workaround, it's quite limited and doesn't fully address the concerns raised.

As sellers dealing with a high volume of buyers, we need a more efficient way to manage and retain vital information (e.g., names, project details, upsells, cross-promotions) for each client. Sorting hundreds of conversations using labels can become overwhelming and is not a feasible long-term solution. Even with sorting, you'd still have to review and refer to all the previous conversations to catch up anyway.

This improvement could even be offered as a perk for Seller Plus members.

While I appreciate your current workarounds, I look forward to the possibility of a more effective and streamlined messaging system that caters to the diverse needs of Fiverr sellers.

Best regards,

David Piper
midsummervoice

• Like 9

Hi @midsummervoice & @rizwan14321 - I completely agree with both of you that my solution is only a bandaid and workaround until something more permanent can be implemented by Fiverr (so that's why I've stated "In the meantime...). 😉

The inbox does needs a lot of updating to be more user-friendly - I would like to see a better separation between seller and buyer messages (such as when I'm operating as a buyer), an easier way to scroll through the conversations themselves, a way to quote previous messages, as well as the helpful notes on the sides that both of you mentioned.

• Like 6

On 4/28/2023 at 8:46 AM, rizwan14321 said:

Hi! 

Hope it happens with most of the seller as well that when old buyers contact again after many months / days , we have to scroll previous messages to remember their website / details of past. 

So, can the fiverr add a function of some special notes feature for inbox contacts at right side like in the order pages we have that as well, so we can add some few things to them to remember later.

What you guys think ?

I would love to see this feature implemented. It's common to CRM software and makes client management so much easier. I've worked with some of my existing clients on Fiverr for over a year now and our message strings are just too length for me to scroll through and try to find information on requests they've made, past comments that may affect current projects, or even deals we've cut. I can make my own notes in an external program, but it would be far more efficient for this to be integrated into the platform. I hope that Fiverr incorporates something like this into the messaging system in the future.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, melanielm said:

I've poked around in my Inbox for a while and cannot figure out how you create labels. How do you add more?

Hi @melanielm!

When you view your buyer's (or seller's) messages in the inbox, all you need to do is click on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner and it will show the label icon. Once you click on that, you can add any label that you want.

image.png.9a37b143c9bf4389c425d10bdf2a107f.png

After adding your labels, you can then go to the upper-left corner and click on the "All Conversations" drop-down to select how you want to sort your messages.

image.png.0ef106fd59c584a892d11f8b287d5e95.png

This helps me find messages without scrolling down the list. I just label each buyer and then sort it out. I also delete a lot of older messages because the deleted messages will come back the next time the buyer messages you.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 6
  • Up 4

6 minutes ago, vickieito said:

That's crazy! What kind of labels do you have and how do you use them?

Mainly for marking the name of the buyer (the account name is not always their name).

Als these:

DISCOUNT REQUESTER

DIFFICULT BUYER

CHOOSES OTHER SELLER

GIVES TIPS

HAS BAD REVIEWS

• Like 7
  • Up 1

10 hours ago, vickieito said:

all you need to do is click on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner and it will show the label icon

Ah, well that's ridiculously hidden. On my screen, the dots are so pale gray I can hardly see them. It would make sense to add the ability to make labels next to the existing labels.

Thanks, Vickie!

• Like 6

I use the labels and have been from the start.  And, maybe I am small enough that my short term solution works, but I manage my inquiries in Google docs.  Then, I created a drop down which has similar categories I have for labels. But, it helps me to prioritize follow ups.  I only have 10 completed orders at this point, but my repeat potential is extremely high.  So, I need to stay on top of those and if someone does an inquiry and I do not close and it is a good fit, I need to follow up.  The good news is I could put notes there or comments.  Google docs is still not a solution as in my case, I would like to date the notes.  So, I am considering Trello as it is free and I have used it in the past.  I am already using it for jobs in progress and created a checklist so I follow certain steps in the customer journey.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...