Gig cannot be promoted anymore

bokiiii

Question

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing great. Here is my problem:

My gig werent showing on pages at all, for 3 months, suddenly i got message that my gig are qualified and can be promoted again, so i paid promotion. It lasted for about 3 weeks, after that again, suddenly my gigs are not qualified anymore. Can someone explain to me these upsides and downs of my gigs, i got nice reviews all the time. I also created instagram page so i can share my gigs there.

Also I see a lot of other sellers struggle with same problem, can someone explain to me this "unqualified" gigs?

All in all, its all really frustrating, fighting for that first page and high ranked gigs but no one can actually tell what you need for your gigs to be qualified.

Thank you Fiverr for 2 years of great experience, I really met and worked with some nice people here, but now this all goes down the hill. Worst of all is that you cant even do anything about this. I thought i can change something by creating page and sharing my gigs as everyone were saying, lowering prices, contacting my old customers, but this will not help you at all.

• Like 13
  • Sad 4

12 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, bokiiii said:

contacting my old customers

This is probably what caused the problem. You cannot contact previous buyers, it is considered spam. If one of them reported you that would have certainly caused this issue. 

• Like 13
  • Up 5

Hey there,

I understand your frustration about this. It can be so confusing to understand how the algorithm thing works here. Maybe there's too much competition in your category. Did you get any negative reviews recently? Because that has a huge impact on your gig. Also, there are private feedbacks where clients can leave some unpleasant reviews.

If you lower prices too much, it may have a negative impact on your gig.

Best of luck!

Edited by copythatengages
improvement
  • Like 11
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, bokiiii said:

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing great. Here is my problem:

My gig werent showing on pages at all, for 3 months, suddenly i got message that my gig are qualified and can be promoted again, so i paid promotion. It lasted for about 3 weeks, after that again, suddenly my gigs are not qualified anymore. Can someone explain to me these upsides and downs of my gigs, i got nice reviews all the time. I also created instagram page so i can share my gigs there.

Also I see a lot of other sellers struggle with same problem, can someone explain to me this "unqualified" gigs?

All in all, its all really frustrating, fighting for that first page and high ranked gigs but no one can actually tell what you need for your gigs to be qualified.

Thank you Fiverr for 2 years of great experience, I really met and worked with some nice people here, but now this all goes down the hill. Worst of all is that you cant even do anything about this. I thought i can change something by creating page and sharing my gigs as everyone were saying, lowering prices, contacting my old customers, but this will not help you at all.

Hi too

You got 4* rating 1 month ago so your performance metric might have dropped and that buyer might have given you negative private feedback too. So try to deliver quality work. 

Like @newsmike suggested that contacting your old buyers is another reason and from those old buyers, someone/they might have reported you that led your gig promotion feature to be disabled. So avoid contacting old buyers. 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, mohd_bilal said:

Fiverr business is going downhill for a lot of people for the last 3 months (INCLUDING MYSELF). We can hope they tweak the algorithm otherwise it is looking like the end for me. 😞

On 4/28/2023 at 9:08 AM, bokiiii said:

My gig werent showing on pages at all, for 3 months, suddenly i got message that my gig are qualified and can be promoted again

start promoting your gigs with advertising, for example with facebook ads.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, bokiiii said:

Already did, i promoted them with instagram ads, nothing happened

Yep, the "post your gigs to social media" advice is a myth. It is repeated so much that people believe it, but it does not work. If it were that easy, we would not see 95% of of forum traffic being "help, I cannot get a sale." 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

Yep, the "post your gigs to social media" advice is a myth. It is repeated so much that people believe it, but it does not work. If it were that easy, we would not see 95% of of forum traffic being "help, I cannot get a sale." 

Yes, because they believe that sharing their service leads to something! If they want to see a result they have to use advertising services ( example: using facebook ads ) , and even then there is no guarantee that you will get a result.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mohd_bilal said:

a referral to such a seller would be nice, please.

I don't have a seller to recommend, but if you search in Fiverr there are many sellers who will be able to help you with advertising (for example with facebook advertising)

• Like 3

Thank you very much for answers everyone ❤️ but, based on your answers, promoting gigs out of this platform won't help me a lot.

I tried other things too, seller plus, coupons, changing gig, nothing helped.

Private feedback is what is not okay at all, why? The answer is, if i give bad public rating to my buyer when they deserve it, they will definitely give me worse private rating, which will effect my profile, but way worse then it will efect buyer's profile.

Evendough i had some really nice customers, i had few not so good (for example, i gave them more revisions then i promised, delievered them finished work before agreed day of delivery, because they were rushing me, i was nice to them even when they were rude for no reason, and more...), and guess what happens if i contact support because of this? They are telling me that i shoud give them more revisions then agreed, in order to get nice feedback. After i do that, and after i give buyer every single detail changed as they want, i got what? A bad rating. And again, i cant do anything about it, giving bad public rating to your buyer, will get you way worse private feedback from the same buyer.

In the end, this is just not right.

Have a nice day everyone

• Like 3