how to come back after out of office mode?

mahrukh716

Question

The out-of-office status is a bug I believe Fiverr team are working on it and will fix this issue as so many sellers are facing this issue including me and I think there is nothing to do from your end until your gig comes back to live status as I have tried many ways but nothing has changed.

• Like 16
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, mahrukh716 said:

Recently i want out of office for around 4 to 5 days and now the impressions rate is too low for two days.

any advice regarding that?

Don't worry, If an out-of-office ticket is raised at Fiverr support, the gig is active and visible from support. So this is a bug of Fiver, hopefully, the issue will be resolved soon.

Thank you 🙂

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mahrukh716 said:

Thanks for your time in answering my query.

But why mistake? and what's the alternative?

Hi @mahrukh716!

I don't think it's wrong to go out of office if you really need that time off. Just know that it does take time for your gigs to get traction and regain visibility in search.

I took ten days off in March and used the out-of-office mode for it. I turned off my out-of-office mode at Day 7 to allow my gig to regain traction back in search. Even so, it was another 3 days for me to start seeing my impressions pick up again, and several more days before I started getting inquiries and orders. It took about a full week for my impressions to get back to where it was before.

• Like 21
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

Hi @mahrukh716!

I don't think it's wrong to go out of office if you really need that time off. Just know that it does take time for your gigs to get traction and regain visibility in search.

I took ten days off in March and used the out-of-office mode for it. I turned off my out-of-office mode at Day 7 to allow my gig to regain traction back in search. Even so, it was another 3 days for me to start seeing my impressions pick up again, and several more days before I started getting inquiries and orders. It took about a full week for my impressions to get back to where it was before.

You are right but we went out of office all of a sudden without triggering this option and we couldn't go back live again...

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, ahmedz502 said:

The out-of-office status is a bug I believe Fiverr team are working on it and will fix this issue as so many sellers are facing this issue including me and I think there is nothing to do from your end until your gig comes back to live status as I have tried many ways but nothing has changed.

May I know what options you have tried? What if we add vacations again for 1 day, when the day ends it may automatically turn offs the out of office mode. 

• Like 13
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, vickieito said:

Thanks a lot for your response especially for sharing your experience as it helped me a lot in clearing my confusion. thanks again

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

WRONG.

I will tell you again that staying online is useless and a waste of time.

isn't it true that buyers mostly prefers those seller who are online so that they can get quick response? i am taking about starting online when we are awake and active.

note: i do think that using artificial ways to stay online for 24 hours is not beneficial and i am not taking about that.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, vickieito said:

@ahmedz502, are you willing to share your impressions chart (several weeks before the break and several weeks after)?

Here's mine:

As you can see from the attached screenshot of my gig performance, my impressions dropped dramatically from the beginning of this month and didn't recover since then.

Screenshot 2023-04-28 103941.png

• Like 9
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mahrukh716 said:

isn't it true that buyers mostly prefers those seller who are online so that they can get quick response?

Depends on the buyer and the service they need.

If it's urgent for them, they might look for whoever is online and whoever responds first. (Buyers with good time management skills are usually not in a hurry)

If it's some kind of task that anyone could do (or if there are tens of thousands of freelancers offering that service) and the buyer couldn't care less who's going to do it, then whoever responds first is likely to get the job.

On the other hand, if buyers need your style (if you offer anything creative) or your skills and experience (because you're better than tens of thousands of others offering the same), they won't mind waiting until you get back online.

Think of it this way: if you need someone to move a heavy object from one place to another, anyone strong enough would do (as long as they're honest enough not to steal from you). If you need someone to clean your house, pretty much anyone who's not terrible at the job (and who's not going to steal from you or assault you or anything like that) would do. But if you need someone to fix a complex problem, you will look for an expert who's going to do it right, and you will wait until they're available.

• Like 14
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, filipdevaere said:

No. FYI, these types of buyers are often the most difficult and most dangerous buyers.

well, that's interesting.

what i understand is that such types of buyers will already be in hurry and may cause panic on seller side.

Thanks for giving me a different understanding regarding myth about staying online on fiverr.

• Like 12
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

Depends on the buyer and the service they need.

If it's urgent for them, they might look for whoever is online and whoever responds first. (Buyers with good time management skills are usually not in a hurry)

If it's some kind of task that anyone could do (or if there are tens of thousands of freelancers offering that service) and the buyer couldn't care less who's going to do it, then whoever responds first is likely to get the job.

On the other hand, if buyers need your style (if you offer anything creative) or your skills and experience (because you're better than tens of thousands of others offering the same), they won't mind waiting until you get back online.

Think of it this way: if you need someone to move a heavy object from one place to another, anyone strong enough would do (as long as they're honest enough not to steal from you). If you need someone to clean your house, pretty much anyone who's not terrible at the job (and who's not going to steal from you or assault you or anything like that) would do. But if you need someone to fix a complex problem, you will look for an expert who's going to do it right, and you will wait until they're available.

thank you so much for your time for elaborating the problem and solution with examples in such an amazing way. It really helped in removing my confusions regarding staying online. thank you very very much. 🙂

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mahrukh716 said:

what i understand is that such types of buyers will already be in hurry and may cause panic on seller side.

This is an example from 5 hours ago.
The buyer is in a hurry. He wants 1 user manual written in 1 day (10 minutes later it were already 3 user manuals instead of 1). All finished in 1 day. The provided information to finish the job is not enough.
If I accept this, then this will be a 100% problematic project. Desperate sellers without orders accept this immediately. And then the shit starts to happen. 

My advice: avoid buyers like this. image.png.71c3313f9244186ac7243f7c16e62d74.png

• Like 14
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, filipdevaere said:

This is an example from 5 hours ago.
The buyer is in a hurry. He wants 1 user manual written in 1 day (10 minutes later it were already 3 user manuals instead of 1). All finished in 1 day. The provided information to finish the job is not enough.
If I accept this, then this will be a 100% problematic project. Desperate sellers without orders accept this immediately. And then the shit starts to happen. 

My advice: avoid buyers like this. image.png.71c3313f9244186ac7243f7c16e62d74.png

alright.

Thanks. The example that you have provided has improved my understanding and I hope that your advice will be helpful for me in future orders.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2023 at 11:42 AM, ahmedz502 said:

As you can see from the attached screenshot of my gig performance, my impressions dropped dramatically from the beginning of this month and didn't recover since then.

Screenshot 2023-04-28 103941.png

Hi brother, did you gig came back to appear in seach and have impressions? Because I'm having the same problem!

• Like 10

Did you do anything specific to get back the gig ranking? It's been more than 2 months for me now. Still, my impressions are too low.

On 5/7/2023 at 2:39 PM, ahmedz502 said:

I'm back on search! after one month of disappearance.

• Like 8