Why was I forced to raise prices by fiverrs system

bluejdev

Question

Hey all,

I recently decided to give fiverr a try as a seller and after having to do the ol' close down my account to reopen in my business name, I uploaded some gigs and started getting clicks and messages quite frequently. (And couple of orders)

Last week I was uploading another gig, when I noticed a fiverr notification saying I needed to update one of my current gigs pricing??! 

So I clicked through to the gig edits and it said I had to raise the price of basic from $35 to a minimum of $70!! It would not let me enter any lower... I was happy with the $35 tag as this was for a phonecall to discuss the buyers project & offer advice, before committing to something that might be too complex or out of budget etc.

So I changed the price as per fiverrs demand and upped the time of the call as the gig was now overpriced for the offering. (And since have been forced to increase the cost on another gig)

The problem is since doing this my message rate has just flat lined to zero! I was getting minimum a message every couple of days and some days upto 4 or 5 messages. 

My question is why was I forced to up the price? it was fine as it was for me...

I've been googling (on & off) for a few days now but got no answer other than editing a gig can increase or decrease gig ranking.. which I understand already..

Any insights? Anyone else been told to up the price? 

• Like 9

5 answers to this question

It depends on the category.

Some people were charging $5 for a complete website, which is obviously not going to deliver any professional result. This, combined with other similar situations pushed Fiverr to impose a minimal price for some categories. It's not for every category. You can still offer $5 services in most categories. So it's not just you that had to change prices, others had to do it too. 

• Like 6

Yeah, I see there's minimums depending on the category. I guess they decided after I created the gigs to set a minimum on this particular category. Just frustrating that it seems to have affected my listing visibility since changing. Might be a coincidence, might not.

• Like 6

oh! that's too bad! in the case, fiverr should have thought about it before, not like the 'website customization' bug fixes' theses are new things in the web. that's too slow.
just because some people are selling websites for $5 they have made everyone change the gig price. they updated this in a way and it doesn't even cover everything (every category).

bugs fixes and some customization could be $5/$10 sometimes and they have made it $15 and $30 <=.

dear, why not just get rid of $5/$10 services from the whole site? if problem was with those who are selling the higher price packages at lower price, those should have been specified.

their change was too little and affected almost everyone including me. 

• Like 6

Fivver wants more commission from your gigs. I use fivver alot but looking on other platforms prices getting too high for small things the lower prices make it easier to try a seller. I used the service beacause it is affordable. If the costs keep going up buyers will just use local sellers. In the same time zone  and country