I keep getting blocked by sellers on Fiverr (No Reason Given)

specialassault

Question

I had about 3 and counting where your Fiverr sellers are blocking me for no apparent reason, I was never rude to them, never said anything wrong nor threatened them in any way and now, I had more than 3 sellers blocking me for no reason at all. If this was to keep up, I might have to use People per Hour, Upwork, freelancer or other websites to hire freelancers on because of this problem. While I know that sellers can block you on any website, I don't agree they should block a buyer "unless" proof is given by the seller to Fiverr Support and the buyer should explain from his or her side why they said such things, after all right, we are humans, we make mistakes but this is just becoming a total joke and that if I have to, I will do buyers beware to show people to never hire this seller because this is how they treat you!

All I was doing is asking sellers about their work, pricing and I told them I will order once I was ready, though it seems some sellers now are getting way too rude and also, greedy at times and while I hate using certain words, you lot need to bite the bullet and start showing proof on how sellers are treating their buyers by blocking them for no reason at all.

Thanks for your understand regarding my current comments and that the staff will start doing something about this matter!

• Like 4

9 answers to this question

14 hours ago, michmikaia said:

What happens to me is the contrary of yours as I am seller. There are some buyers blocking me after I said that I am unavailable. Especially those who ask an academic tasks and assignments.

How can buyers block sellers, all I see is that sellers can block buyers but not the other way around.

• Like 2

Buyers can block sellers like sellers can block buyers. I understand your concern. But this is really possible also from buyers. You have 3 sellers who blocked you. But I have more than 10 buyers who blocked me for no reason. I accept it as it's part of the job challenge.

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 3
  • Up 4

4 hours ago, webcut said:

I believe Fiverr is blocking your buyer.  That's why that problem creating. Still contact Fiverr Support.

If it's a spam, Fiverr blocks it automatically. But what I mention above was not a spam. This is still in the message, not in active orders. So there is no reason to contact CS about that.

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 11:23 AM, specialassault said:

I told them I will order once I was ready,

This might be why you are being blocked, if it's the Sellers and not the Fiverr system doing the blocking.

A lot of Sellers see "promise of future work" as a big red flag, depending on other factors. If you are not ready to purchase, then be upfront about it, in your initial message. 

If you are copy/pasting the same message, that might also be the reason. Asking about a Sellers prices, if the Seller states their prices outright on their Gig, implies that you did not read the Gig, which is another red flag to Sellers.

Edit: 

Okay, I just read your post in another thead, and wanted to add: yes, Sellers will sometimes block Buyers once they know the Buyer are not going to order from them. It's rude on their part, unless you are persistently messaging them. We all have only the same 24 hours in the day. 

• Like 3

On 4/21/2023 at 5:23 PM, specialassault said:

All I was doing is asking sellers about their work, pricing and I told them I will order once I was ready,

How many messages did you send them before you told them you were not going to order yet? If there was a lot of back and forth going on, and then it turns out you're not ordering yet (or, possibly, at all), some sellers might feel as if you were just waiting their time.

• Like 1
  • Up 5

5 hours ago, catwriter said:

How many messages did you send them before you told them you were not going to order yet? If there was a lot of back and forth going on, and then it turns out you're not ordering yet (or, possibly, at all), some sellers might feel as if you were just waiting their time.

Not at all, some sellers whom I keep posted to let them know I am still interested in hiring them once I was ready never blocked me all and some say thanks for letting me know that I still want to work for them, so ideally, if people say nothing wrong, then no seller should have the right to block buyer at all!

• Like 1