Tips on improving my gigs (or maybe offering better gigs)?

lijrobert

Hey guys. I made my Fiverr account several months ago after learning about the concept online. Yesterday I decided to write up my first gigs and I currently have three. Anyone have any tips, after looking at my gigs, about how I can improve them.

This is just gonna be a way to (hopefully) make a little extra money, but I want to do the best I can.

UPDATE: None of my Gigs are showing up currently. I’ve submitted a support ticket to try to get help.

It’s nice to see another student use Fiverr! I only see one Gig listed (the math homework one) but it looks pretty solid to me. Perhaps you could offer video explanations of certain problems? Or a tutoring session? Just an idea!

I also would not allow 30-40 problems per 1 gig, if I were you… YOU may be good at math and able to do them in one night, but the person on the other end might take advantage of your kindness. I would definitely only offer about 5-10 problems per Gig. Because in the end, you shouldn’t be doing their entire homework set for them, just enough so that they can do the rest.

Best of luck!

The forums have hundreds of great posts written to help new sellers, so be sure to browse through the Tips for Sellers and Fiverr FAQ forums. Use the search engine in the upper right corner to help you find topics.

Because you asked, I do have a criticism of your gig, and gigs like it. It’s up to you to consider it or not. Doing someone else’s homework is cheating. There’s no other word for it. It’s not like you’re tutoring or teaching and evaluating the student’s comprehension. And maybe cheating on high school math isn’t a major crime (it IS a crime in some places, though, btw), think about this: do you want the surgeon operating on you to have actually studied the material and done his own work in med school, or the guy who fell into the habit of buying papers off the internet in order to have time to party? I understand that you’re writing out the explanation of the work you do, but there is no way to know if your ‘student’ is even looking at that or just taking the answers to hand in for class, and this doesn’t evaluate the level of comprehension.

This requires more work, but may I suggest another way? Offer tutoring over s***e, and you can charge by blocks of time. (for example, “30 minutes tutoring in HS calculus for $5” “1 hour tutoring in algebra…”). You should contact customer support to get the okay to work over s***e, because that requires exchanging contact information which is generally not allowed.

I hope you’ll consider this~

Get yourself organized to set up a tutoring gig or if you find you don’t have the time, maybe put together some PDF/text files explaining different math principles and sell them (once you create them, you can keep selling them). I know there are high schoolers selling on Fiverr and you’re obviously a motivated person, so I think you’ll find something that’ll work for you. It can be a fun way to earn some extra $$$~

Good luck~!

Archived