gig impression is very low.

mdarif0100

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect it is so that everyone everywhere can at least buy a cheap cup of coffee with the revenue of a gig. (Thanks, King! ;))

Jokes apart, you can send custom offers for $5 no problem, though, at least, I can, and do, when customers only need a little something, so, you could add something like "If you just need .... done, please contact me for a custom offer at US$5" to your gig description.

• Like 26

2 minutes ago, mdarif0100 said:

Fiver sent me a notification that the minimum gig price needs to be set to $15

What's the full message they sent? Isn't it something to do with the website category (like was said above, it may be some categories)? I'm sure someone said previously on the forum something about full website creation having/going to have a higher lower limit for the price (or that that it was recommended that you use a price above a certain amount or your gig wouldn't be shown as high in results maybe).

• Like 25

On 4/20/2023 at 3:00 AM, mdarif0100 said:

Fiber has reduced the minimum gig price to $15.
Can anyone tell me the details of this update

It's actually "Fiverr", not "Fiber" lol - no worries though, it could just be a typo. Regarding your question, while the minimum gig price has been increased to $15 as you said, I believe you can still choose to price your gig at $5 if you'd like. However, keep in mind that pricing your gig higher actually have some advantages - it can help you stand out as a more experienced and higher-quality seller. Hope that helps!

• Like 17

On 4/20/2023 at 12:32 PM, miiila said:

I suspect it is so that everyone everywhere can at least buy a cheap cup of coffee with the revenue of a gig. (Thanks, King! ;))

Jokes apart, you can send custom offers for $5 no problem, though, at least, I can, and do, when customers only need a little something, so, you could add something like "If you just need .... done, please contact me for a custom offer at US$5" to your gig description.

If I change the description. Will the rank of the gig be lost? Because fiver telling us to change the price, Not description.:)

• Like 17

On 4/21/2023 at 5:32 PM, tabin_75 said:

If I change the description. Will the rank of the gig be lost? Because fiver telling us to change the price, Not description.:)

Nobody can tell you that. If you feel you need to change something, change it, but nobody can take the responsibility for that but you. It could make things better or worse. 

The only real advice that anyone here can give you is to make doubly sure that there's nothing in your gig description that would be against Fiverr's terms of service, as your gig might get reviewed when you update.

• Like 22
  • Up 2

9 hours ago, tabin_75 said:

However, I have not received any notification regarding this yet!

You could just wait until you ever receive a notice about it. If it's only some categories (eg. website creation/related ones) and you haven't got a gig in that category/categories then you might not ever (or might not for a long time) get a notification asking you to increase it.

If it was soon going to be every every gig/category then there'd probably be a big announcement about it and there hasn't been.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 17
  • Up 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Read the forum, research the competition and understand your target customer.
  • Look at successful Sellers in your category selling what you (want to) sell.
  • Think like a Buyer - what does a Buyer want! 

There are some things you can do, like: 

1. Have a professional profile picture, gig image
  2. Optimize titles and gig descriptions for relevant keywords
  3. Write a killer gig description
  4. Use engaging gig videos
  • Like 25
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1