What is the best way to save this taxes on fiverr?

david_mcmiller

Question

I’ve been on the platform for over 2 years now. I was surprised to learn the following

Fiverr takes a 20% commission from both buyer and seller. That’s $1 for every $5.

Suppose I complete a gig that was priced for $100.

The buyer has to pay $120 to Fiverr (20% more than $100)

Fiverr pays me $80 (20% less than $100)

Fiverr takes the $40 as commission….. is it just me or is that a lot?

Anyways, coming back to Fiverr paying you. you will receive the $80 directly to your bank account, PayPal account or Payoneer account (your choice).

If everything is alright, you’re money should be available for withdrawal within 14 days time.

PS: Many sellers still don’t know much about the dynamics of the payment and how much Fiverr takes as commission (a lot!). Do upvote and share this so that no Fiverr seller has to be surprised when they receive $80 instead of $100!

• Like 5

7 answers to this question

Fiverr takes 20% from sellers but 5.5% from buyers and $2 additional if the order is below $50. There's also a withdrawal fee of $3 for sellers.

It is a lot but Fiverr is doing most of the work for you.

Connecting with buyers, giving free exposure, handling transactions for possible fraudulent activities, etc.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Guest aj_designstudio
34 minutes ago, imamiopial said:

Fiverr takes 20% from sellers but 5.5% from buyers and $2 additional if the order is below $50. There's also a withdrawal fee of $3 for sellers.

Connecting with buyers, giving free exposure, handling transactions for possible fraudulent activities, etc.

Absolutely right you are...

40 minutes ago, imamiopial said:

AGREE

• Like 2

4 hours ago, david_mcmiller said:

Many sellers still don’t know much about the dynamics of the payment and how much Fiverr takes as commission (a lot!). Do upvote and share this so that no Fiverr seller has to be surprised when they receive $80 instead of $100!

Many sellers can't be bothered to read the terms of service even after clicking that they have read the terms and are agreeing to them (and that's where they'd learn that Fiverr takes 20%), but you think that they will all read your topic (out of tens of thousands of different topics on the forum)?

I guess you must be an optimist...

EDIT: There's no upvoting. And I'm not sure what you mean by sharing.

Edited by catwriter
  • Like 3
  • Up 3