Client requesting a my whatsapp number

jesacortez

i have a client and he already place an order, but since he is a first time user in fiverr he want us to use whatsapp so its more convenient and easy for him to navigate and to giver instructions. is it ok if i give him my whatsapp since he already have an active order?

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

You should tell to the buyer that it's against Fiverr ToS. You should use Fiverr for communication. Even it's in the order, the intention is to communicate outside Fiverr. So you might get warning if you provide it. 

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 4

Is the external communication necessary to complete the order? If not, then don't share it as it's against the Fiverr Terms of Service. External communication might be 'convenient', but it's also something that Fiverr can't monitor, and thus puts you at extreme risk if anything goes wrong.

If your client balks, tell him that it's for his own protection, too. 

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017813438-Communication-The-Dos-and-Donts?segment=buyer 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, be very careful. Explain clearly how contacting them outside Fiverr goes against TOS policies and could get you banned from Fiverr. If they do not understand and persist to contact you outside Fiverr, I suggest delivering the order or canceling it. It is better to lose one buyer than your whole account. Also reach out to fiverr before cancelling the order so they can cancel it, instead of you and it doesn't reflect poorly on your gig metrics. 

• Like 3