Sellers Should Have More Control On Gig Promotions | Your Thoughts?

talhapythoneer

Sellers Should Have More Control On Gig Promotions | Your Thoughts?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Sellers Should Have More Control On Gig Promotions?

• Good Suggestion
    • Bad Suggestion

Hi, Have you ever considered the possibility of Fiverr allowing sellers to target their audience when promoting their Gigs? As a seller myself, I often receive promotional messages that do not align with the services I provide. For instance, as a Web Scraping service provider, I frequently receive requests for lead generation services. Despite being a Top Rated Seller, I still receive messages from clients whose average order price is less than $20. As I aim to work exclusively with high-paying clients, it would be beneficial if Fiverr provided a filtering mechanism for promotional messages based on certain criteria.

In my opinion, implementing a filter based on the following factors would be an excellent feature to have on Fiverr:

• Average Order Price
  • Negative Keywords (to hide my Gig on those keywords even in chat)

It would also be advantageous to have filters for:

• Average Rating Given
  • Language

What are your views on this?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, talhapythoneer said:

Hi, Have you ever considered the possibility of Fiverr allowing sellers to target their audience when promoting their Gigs? As a seller myself, I often receive promotional messages that do not align with the services I provide. For instance, as a Web Scraping service provider, I frequently receive requests for lead generation services. Despite being a Top Rated Seller, I still receive messages from clients whose average order price is less than $20. As I aim to work exclusively with high-paying clients, it would be beneficial if Fiverr provided a filtering mechanism for promotional messages based on certain criteria.

In my opinion, implementing a filter based on the following factors would be an excellent feature to have on Fiverr:

• Average Order Price

It would also be advantageous to have filters for:

• Average Rating Given
  • Language

What are your views on this?

You mean like every other form of paid advertising?  Absolutely. 

• Like 10
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Blocking some keywords will be really helpful as I lost so much money just for some people to click on my gigs and ask if I want to "collab" or "partnership" with a company and the "CEO" himself contacted me for it. And of course, they want my services for free and promise me a commission🙄 Half of my promoted messages are either scams or those people. So it would be really helpful if Fiverr implemented a spam filter or a keyword filter.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

I like this.

The benefits to the buyer are less time to find a viable prospective sellers due to the shorter results list, and less likely to be cancelled/rejected by the seller so fewer contacts are needed to find a suitable seller.  There is a risk to this though in that filtering out by Average would result in the seller potentially missing out on some buyer budget spikes, and/or it could impede Fiverr's Funnel in that it creates some resistance to Buyers moving up in price since they will have fewer options when they decide to increase their spend. This wouldn't likely impact globalization efforts or the defensive moat of gig variety since those would both be mainly sellers at the low end who wouldn't use the filters.

• Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

For promoted gigs we should have an option to opt out of having our promoted gigs shown in buyer inboxes since buyers may not want them shown there and Fiverr have started automatically promoting them there as well as on the gig results/category pages when a seller promotes a gig.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1