How can my funds stay in payoneer

ahmedlone112

Question

Hey Fiverr community, I have a question:

I am currently living in Pakistan so my only option to send funds from Fiverr to my bank is via Payoneer however every time I transfer funds they go straight to my bank account instead of staying in my Payoneer ( as in funds in my Payoneer that I can extract whenever I want). My friend is also a freelancer whose funds don't go straight into his bank and stay in his Payoneer funds. Is there any way I can do that as well? Thank you 

• Like 6

13 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ahmedlone112 said:

I am currently living in Pakistan so my only option to send funds from Fiverr to my bank is via Payoneer however every time I transfer funds they go straight to my bank account instead of staying in my Payoneer

As Filip said, you want to see what Payoneer customer support have to say.

However, I do have a question, why would you not withdraw anything and keep it in the Payoneer account? That is very risky, since a hacker can get a hold of your funds and steal them. So it's recommended to withdraw everything as soon as you can. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

why would you not withdraw anything and keep it in the Payoneer account? That is very risky, since a hacker can get a hold of your funds and steal them. So it's recommended to withdraw everything as soon as you can. 

Indeed. This happened on my PayPal account. This is why I don't use PayPal anymore. 

I move my earnings now from Fiverr to Payoneer, and a few minutes later I move the money from Payoneer to my bank account.

• Like 8

My friend is also a freelancer whose funds don't go straight into his bank and stay in his Payoneer funds.

He probably withdraws his funds to his revenue card. That way the funds stay in the account until you use them through the card. Or until you transfer them to your bank.

Is there any way I can do that as well?

When withdrawing your balance, withdraw it to your revenue card, not to your bank.

Of course, you do need to have a revenue card for that to work.

And, of course, you can ask your friend how exactly he withdraws his funds. What does he click on, and so on.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

16 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

This is why I don't use PayPal anymore. 

You can try to use it with 2 factor authentication only, and move the funds right away. I never had any issues. But I did receive a lot of spam where scammers created a PayPal-like email interface to try and fool me into logging in. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ahmedlone112 said:

Hey Fiverr community, I have a question:

I am currently living in Pakistan so my only option to send funds from Fiverr to my bank is via Payoneer however every time I transfer funds they go straight to my bank account instead of staying in my Payoneer ( as in funds in my Payoneer that I can extract whenever I want). My friend is also a freelancer whose funds don't go straight into his bank and stay in his Payoneer funds. Is there any way I can do that as well? Thank you 

Your friend has a Payoneer card? Does he chooses Fiverr Revenue Card for funds transfer purpose?

• Like 4

Well, I did ask my friend about it and I think you are right, he might have enabled a revenue card but enabling that is not an option anymore. The reason I want to keep my funds in Payoneer for multiple reasons, one of the big ones being my currency is fluctuating  right now and I'd like to keep funds in dollars if possible. I contacted Payoneer about this issue and they said something they can't change so I am not sure what to do here. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ahmedlone112 said:

The reason I want to keep my funds in Payoneer for multiple reasons, one of the big ones being my currency is fluctuating  right now and I'd like to keep funds in dollars if possible. I contacted Payoneer about this issue and they said something they can't change so I am not sure what to do here. 

If getting the revenue card is for some reason no longer an option, the only other solution I can think of is to keep your earned funds on Fiverr and withdraw them when the course is favorable for you (or when you really need the money).

EDIT: It does bring its own risks, of course, like your Fiverr account getting hacked and the hacker stealing your money.

Edited by catwriter
  • Like 3

Well, I did ask my friend about it and I think you are right, he might have enabled a revenue card but enabling that is not an option anymore. The reason I want to keep my funds in Payoneer for multiple reasons, one of the big ones being my currency is fluctuating  right now and I'd like to keep funds in dollars if possible. I contacted Payoneer about this issue and they said something they can't change so I am not sure what to do here. 

Honestly, its your own choice.

I actually use Revenue Card option too. But my reason is that sometimes I have to do online shopping (i.e. to purchase any international product, graphic design templates etc.) that's where it comes handy. 

Don't be greedy. Transfer the funds to your bank account even dollar rate is low.. not safe to keep dollars in Payoneer account.. 

• Like 4

I am facing same issue, I contacted payoneer and they said they can't do anything, it's is something fiverr can do. 
I contacted them and they say that we have changed our policy, even many other people are getting money in payoneer account but those who are attaching payoneer now are getting paid directly to bank. It is very strange. 

• Like 3