I am crushed by Typhoon Glenda - 20 orders in Queue with no power or internet

modelas

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: The Fiver community is so awesome.

Every single client patiently waited - some over 3 weeks for me to get power back and online. They sent me support, they sent me messages of inspiration, and even left me tips. I had some fiverr members even send me a tip randomly for hearing my story and seeing how the storm crippled me financially.

Firmly, I believe everything in this world happens for a reason, I was forced to move back in with my mother in the southern islands of the Philippines. I do plan to move back up there when I can earn my lost month of vacation mode back… I was offline from early July until turning off vacation mode today. I finally caught up on all but one order (I hope she will understand).

I also want to thank my regular clients for as soon as vacation mode lifted ordered tons (I had to go back on vacation mode temporarily from all the people waiting to order my gigs when I came online).

A personal & well warranted special shout out to my sister from down-under @alysmcdonough for being lovely and doing some gigs for me at a very low cost to help me get caught up. I recommend her transcription services greatly!

I Also want to thank @regency85 for believing in me and having patience since he has shown patience with me (I dub him the most courteous fiverr buyer).

God willing, I have survived Typhoon Glenda, and I am very thankful. I already survived the largest and strongest Typhoon to ever hit landfall in November of last year (Yolanda/Haiyon) and I by an act of mercy 7 months ago purchased my ticket to leave the island rampaged by the typhoon 2 hours before at 9:30PM, at 1:30AM in the morning only 1 hour after I landed in Manila, the house I stayed at was torn from the ground and the community was powerless for two weeks.

This has been troubling times for the Philippines recently, and each time I have managed to be blessed with the opportunity to strive towards the day when God does take me home per his plan.

Until then, thank you for believing in me, supporting me, and I am honored to be a part of this amazing community!!!

<3 Ainee H

Team Leader | VA Staffer

Archived