I am crushed by Typhoon Glenda - 20 orders in Queue with no power or internet

modelas

Just got back after 72 hours of no internet or power, and hardly any food. I just ate my first meal in 2 days because they evacuated everyone, phone was dead and I couldn’t contact anyone. My family was gone to a center I have no idea, and I had 20 orders in queue.

Luckily, I was able to go into vacation mode before my phone died to prevent new orders but now I have to catch up on these orders. This website is my lifeline, and I can’t afford to cancel 20 orders.

If by the good Graces of God I am able to find a way to keep these orders on the books and not canceled I would be happy. I’ve sent messages to my clients, luckily most orders are from return customers, but there are a few I’m worried about.

Please pray for my people in the Philippines, many lives lost the 3rd Typhoon in 8 months and in November of last year the largest to ever touch land destroyed many lives and left 5,000 dead. Now estimated 100 here for this, and 5 million without power.

God have mercy. Amen.

Modelas,

I’ve already sent you a private message of support (which you’ve probably read by now), before you posted this.

But there is something that your fellow Sellers here on the Forum could do, to help you.

Question: What is the best way for this Seller to “stop the clock” on her 20 outstanding gigs? (Even if it’s something her Buyers have to initiate.)

Thanks,

Robert

Guest celticmoon

@modelas I’m so sorry that you’re being inflicted with yet another typhoon. I know my fellow Americans and I will offer as much support as possible, along with many other world citizens. We are all part of this global village, after all. I’m confidant that your buyers will understand the dire straits you’re in, and be willing to accept their orders late. If you keep the lines of communication open to them as much as possible, I’m sure they’ll work with you until you can catch up. I wish you the best and hope you and your family remain strong as you get through this crisis~

Reply to @celticmoon: You make a good point, Celtic.

The America-hater Scumbags out there, “conveniently” forget that America is always one of the first to step up and organize donation campaigns to help worthy nations when they’re in need.

Canada too. Here in Toronto, Mayor Rob Ford has already received Warm Thanks from our Filipino Community, for his ultra-fast response to HELP those in need. (He began “sounding the trumpets”, even before the typhoon hit land!) 🙂

@modelas I am so sorry for this horrible situation but I hope you stay safe most importantly. A part of me wishes you didn’t have to be so concerned about those 20 orders but I understand that Fiverr holds a lot of financial value for you. I will keep you, your family, and your country in my thoughts.

Sorry to hear about your condition, Hope things get better for you.

If you fear that you could not deliver all the orders, i would suggest you to contact customer support and tell them know about your situation and ask them to cancel all active orders for you. In this way you will lose $$$ and will get higher cancellation ratio, but not any negative ratings on your account.

Having increased cancellation ration is recoverable as compared to negative no-delivery automated reviews.

Reply to @masterskills:

Yes, I see you are new. You probably haven’t read the “Do’s an Don’t’s” of the

forum, where it states…

"Please don’t use the discussions to promote your individual Gigs."

And

"Do feel free to post links that are relevant to the discussions…"

You can read them here;

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/71/fiverr-forum-do039s-don039ts#Item_1

Can I help you with any of them? Have a look at what I do and see if any of your virtual assistant things fit with it. I can to it at no charge as I have no orders in my queue currently (well I have one but have another 24+ hours to do that) Send me a message if you can.

I wish you the best in completing your orders. That is a rough situation to be in, especially since that is your lifeline. Get to pumping and don’t give up. Your customers should be understanding enough. Just be sure to explain your situation to them ALL!

Best,

Josh

Wow. I am so uplifted by your comments. The outcry of support has been ridiculous, so far I have 13 orders left to do that are days late, and I have rolling blackout now with still only 3G internet. Some of my tasks are video transcription… Impossible to do with only cellular mobile data.

Thank you all and please keep in prayers, so much devastation here again 😦

@modelas We’re thinking of you, your family and neighbors. Reading the uplifting posts and offer of @alysmcdonough really impresses me as a buyer in fiverr community. Some buyers may be in a hurry for their gigs, most will surely be patient and understanding. Be sure to note on your seller description what’s going on and that’s why there is a delay and a few cancellations. Hope you and your family and neighbors have recovery help and rebuild soon!

@alysmcdonough is so kind, she did some transcribing tasks I needed done. She did 3 gigs worth for me and only charged me a single gig. It’s 5:30 AM here and power has come on, it’s off and on all the time. I’m getting what I can done.

Of course am always focused on my clients and delivering service they have come to expect from me. I am fortunate to be alive, last November I was on the Island of Palawan doing interviews with my boss for our Virtual Assistant company. Our flight left to Manila at 9:30 PM the night the largest Typhoon to ever touch ground recorded. It was far bigger than what this one was, and the house I stayed at there was torn right out of the earth. We got on that plane at 9:30PM was outside the airport by 11:30PM the house was destroyed by 1:00AM. God was truly watching over me that day, I genuinely believe that. I know that we all have a purpose on this Earth and yet again I was spared to do good things on this Earth. Thank you all again for your prayers and support, the worst is over.

Archived