Can I, as a seller, edit a review?

itsmarchegiano

Question

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forum, I hope I have selected the right category. Anyway, I'm having a bad experience with a buyer, but being a brokie I can't cancel / ignore orders, the thing is I can't see the review being left if I don't leave one first, I want to leave a review as transparent as possible however at the same time I don't want to be an a*****e, so I would plan to leave a 5 star review and if necessary lower it later, I know that is not the way to do things but I would like to avoid bad reviews on my profile, I always give 100% effort and so far I have never had a negative interaction, I only have few reviews, but they are all 5 star.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

25 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, uiuxtanim said:

As far as I know there is no way for a seller to change his review once it's given to a buyer.

I'll be as transparent as possible then, I don't want more people to get fooled by this dude, thank you for answering!

Edited by itsmarchegiano
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, itsmarchegiano said:

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forum, I hope I have selected the right category. Anyway, I'm having a bad experience with a buyer, but being a brokie I can't cancel / ignore orders, the thing is I can't see the review being left if I don't leave one first, I want to leave a review as transparent as possible however at the same time I don't want to be an a*****e, so I would plan to leave a 5 star review and if necessary lower it later, I know that is not the way to do things but I would like to avoid bad reviews on my profile, I always give 100% effort and so far I have never had a negative interaction, I only have few reviews, but they are all 5 star.

Edit: I contacted other sellers that interacted with this guy and told me the same thing, he just comes up with a bunch of excuses to not pay, eventually Fiverr will auto-accept the order, unless he asks for a revision, which is exactly what he did, he's basically trying to scam me and his page where he posts our work it's full of images with the watermark still on them.

• Like 17
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2

40 minutes ago, itsmarchegiano said:

Edit: I contacted other sellers that interacted with this guy and told me the same thing, he just comes up with a bunch of excuses to not pay, eventually Fiverr will auto-accept the order, unless he asks for a revision, which is exactly what he did, he's basically trying to scam me and his page where he posts our work it's full of images with the watermark still on them.

Asks for a revision / straight up refuses the delivery, or whatever it is, I honestly have no idea what the buyer UI looks like*

Also by "our" work I mean other sellers.

Edited by itsmarchegiano
  • Like 16
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, proconsultn2035 said:

NO. You can't. Requesting your client to do so is against Fiverr's TOS. 

It's a review so just accept it. But if you honestly feel it wasn't fair, you may try approaching support with your screenshots. 

That's not what I said, I'm not requesting my client to do anything. I'm just saying that I'm having a really bad experience with a client but I wanted to avoid leaving a bad review to them because they might change their review based on mine, and I don't want that.

Edited by itsmarchegiano
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, itsmarchegiano said:

Damn, how does this affect me / my gig?

Private reviews count towards your BSR, also known as your Buyer Satisfaction Rating. The private reviews of new buyers count more than those of buyers who have been on Fiverr longer because Fiverr wants to retain new buyers.  

Read this:

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Private reviews count towards your BSR, also known as your Buyer Satisfaction Rating. The private reviews of new buyers count more than those of buyers who have been on Fiverr longer because Fiverr wants to retain new buyers.  

Read this:

Gotcha, thank you so much!

• Like 14

Reviews can't be removed. They are an indication of what type of experience customers had with you. If we could remove reviews we dislike, everyone would have 5 stars across the board. Reviews are final, unless the buyer did something against the terms of service. I checked your profile and the negative review you have doesn't break the rules.. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, nomanmalik432 said:

How to remove negative Review ????

The best thing to do is give great customer service so you do not get a negative review. Your motto is, "I place a high value on customer satisfaction."  And yet your buyer said you were rude. 🤔

It will take 60 to 90 days to get back to where you were in the search before this review was given to you. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

On 4/16/2023 at 5:01 PM, itsmarchegiano said:

That's not what I said, I'm not requesting my client to do anything. I'm just saying that I'm having a really bad experience with a client but I wanted to avoid leaving a bad review to them because they might change their review based on mine, and I don't want that.

A review means you rate your experience consuming a service or product. So rate your experience with the client accordingly. 

• Like 9
  • Up 1

Hi, 
If, in addition to your bad experience, you have already confirmed that he is a bad customer, I hope you have left him the review he deserves. Unfortunately on fiverr (from my perspective) the buyer has more rights and is better protected than the sellers (although we pay most of the commissions). I have had a couple of abusive buyers who know the power of reviews on our services, even if you cancel an order because the customer is difficult and is asking for things outside of what is included, it affects you. They don't have much to lose, while we lose a lot even with a 3-star review.

Hopefully fiverr improves some things for sellers, like being able to decide whether to accept an order or not.

• Like 7