Issuing a Fiverr invoice for reporting to the tax service

leonid_

Question

Hi. Can you tell me who has encountered this situation?
I am a freelancer and provide my services here on the Fiverr. I have faced a problem with reporting to the tax authorities in my country Poland. In order to report my earned income for the past month I need to issue an invoice Fiverr. 

Through the platform Fiverr Workspace I have invoiced the file for the month of March. The support service checked my invoice and said that it was correct and handed it over to the appropriate team. It has been 13 days and no results, my invoice has not even been opened and reviewed. Moreover, the support service deleted my application where I issued an invoice and said that "This application has been closed because it was merged with an open application relating to the same request. - But I don't have any open requisitions. 

Tell me, does Fiverr really pay invoices or do they get away with it? How do you invoice the fiverr for submission to the tax office and how long does it take?

• Like 8

5 answers to this question

I am based in Greece and communicated with Fiverr when I got started here.

Fiverr told me that they do not need me to issue them an invoice as they have everything that they need.

I told them that I am required by the government to issue them an invoice, and they gave me their information.

So, I issue an invoice through the Greek governments' business platform in order to clear my income.

It falls under the category of "Selling Services in Third Countries". I believe that by "third" they mean countries that they have no treaty with.

I do this whenever I bring the funds to my local business account at the bank.

Poland is EU, so your situation could be similar.

Hope this helps!

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 5

In Spain, where I'm based, we have the same issue. The government requires us to issue invoices to Fiverr. That can easily be solved by issuing your invoice to Fiverr whenever you withdraw funds for said amount. 

This probably applies to your country as well. 

When it comes to sending it to Fiverr, they don't care if Fiverr opens the invoice. Just mark it as paid when you receive the funds. The invoice is for your taxes, not theirs. It will probably be filed by the relevant team at some point. 

Here's more on it: 

Invoice If You Work With Fiverr From Spain - SelfEmployed Spain - SelfEmployed Spain

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 7

On 4/13/2023 at 11:56 PM, smashradio said:

In Spain, where I'm based, we have the same issue. The government requires us to issue invoices to Fiverr. That can easily be solved by issuing your invoice to Fiverr whenever you withdraw funds for said amount. 

This probably applies to your country as well. 

When it comes to sending it to Fiverr, they don't care if Fiverr opens the invoice. Just mark it as paid when you receive the funds. The invoice is for your taxes, not theirs. It will probably be filed by the relevant team at some point. 

Here's more on it: 

Invoice If You Work With Fiverr From Spain - SelfEmployed Spain - SelfEmployed Spain

Thank you so much! It worked for me 👍

• Like 1

I faced the same issue also when I paid taxes in my country. I don't know what to do. But, I have used the annual statement from fiverr with detailed of cleared payment/orders. For the moment, there is no problem.

But I will try @smashradio advice. My little worry is that sometimes, I do not have project for a month. And I am used to withdraw per 2 months or 3 months.

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 2