Skill Test

bdchyrumman

Question

12 answers to this question

6 hours ago, bdchyrumman said:

How effective is fiverr efficiency testing and what is it?

They're some tests about certain skills. Just an extra way of showing your knowledge and to add some credibility to your account. It is unsure if it affects the ranking of the gigs, but as I said a potential buyer can see your results (if you make them public) and it might add credibility to your image.

• Like 6

@bdchyrumman   I'm sorry.  But i find it very suspect that you got 10/10 for the English Language test when your gig is littered with grammatical errors.

Your result implies a perfect score.  Seriously?? 

As always, I am more than happy to be proven wrong, but I will happily bet on the fact that you had those answers to hand somewhere, which makes the whole testing process a mockery. 

Screenshot 2023-04-14 213337.png

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Up 6

2 minutes ago, newsmike said:

New gig: For $5 I will take you Fiverr English Skills Test."

This is getting bloody ridiculous Mike!  Something needs to be done as it makes these tests completely pointless. 

If ever there was a need for an overhaul of the testing process, then this shows it. 

• Like 5
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, breals said:

Something needs to be done as it makes these tests completely pointless. 

Not completely. We still get people complaining that they have failed the test (one or another). So the tests do reduce the number of people who want to provide services they're not qualified to provide.

EDIT: And the OP does admit on his profile that his English is at the basic level.

Edited by catwriter
  • Like 11
  • Up 2

4 hours ago, bdchyrumman said:

Skill Test Done.

As a retired English teacher, your gig description hurts my head to read, so like @breals and @newsmike I doubt you got a 100% on the English test without help.  

I noted that you have capital letters where they do not belong, many words need to be corrected, and your grammar could be better. You may do well to hire a proofreader to correct your errors so you can appear to be more professional. 

• Like 12

10 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

You may do well to hire a proofreader to correct your errors so you can appear to be more professional. 

And deceive potential buyers about his English level? Make them think that communication will be seamless, and then it turns out to be everything but?

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 1

8 hours ago, catwriter said:

And deceive potential buyers about his English level? Make them think that communication will be seamless, and then it turns out to be everything but?

I agree that Fiverr should not allow sellers to have their gig descriptions and profiles proofread—it is misleading. When I suggested it, I knew OP would not spend the money to do so. 

Also, I do not like that they get to use ChatGPT to write them, either. Even though such sellers are supposed to state that their profile and gig descriptions are AI-generated, they do not. Several forum users use ChatGPT, and when I call them on it and check their profiles, it is evident that they have been created via AI, but they do not state that anywhere. 

• Like 4
  • Up 2