Can i use stock image on my fiverr gig photo ?

abdulrahman1818

Question

8 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, abdulrahman1818 said:

can i use royalty free image of other man on my gig photo?

As @markp has said above, it will get you into trouble. But I'm interested to know why you would want to do this, other than trying to misinterpret yourself?

• Like 7

Though he's asking about on the gig image not the profile image. So I don't know whether that would always be misrepresenting.

eg. some people have used stock images of random people on their gigs for other reasons - in the image editing category they sometimes have random stock pictures of people to illustrate their image editing skills. eg. before/after background replacement/cut-out. There's a Pro seller in the image editing with 2 images of a female in the gig image but the seller is a male (to show before and after image editing). In the wordpress category a pro seller has used an image of a male that isn't him on a mock-up website image. Another pro seller in the wordpress category has used a female image on a mock-up website image even though the seller is a male.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Though he's asking about on the gig image not the profile image. So I don't know whether that would always be misrepresenting.

if it's the profile photo he is going to get into trouble. if it's the gig image then it's probably going to be ok but his English is pretty bad (even though he said he's fluent) and it's possible he means the profile from the wording. 

• Like 5
  • Up 3

1 hour ago, abdulrahman1818 said:

Can i use stock image on my Fiverr gig photo?

For example i use a shocking girl image on gig photo can its againest the fiverr or not?

Or can  it cause to not rank my gig?

I would like to suggest you, Use your own experienced worked image If in the future Fiverr ask for Gig photo verification, you can simply provide your photo source file for verification purpose. 
Thank you

• Like 5

Can i use stock image on my Fiverr gig photo?

That depends on what you're offering. If you offer any kind of design, the gig image has to be original. If you're not offering any kind of design, you may use a stock photo if it's of high enough quality and if you have all the necessary rights to use it.

For example i use a shocking girl image on gig photo can its againest the fiverr or not?

Or can  it cause to not rank my gig?

If you mean a shocked girl image that everyone and their uncle and their uncle's dog are using, it would make your gig image look like thousands (if not tens of thousands) of others. And that's not a good idea if you want buyers to notice you.

• Like 5
  • Up 1