An Open Letter To Success Managers

newsmike

17 minutes ago, coerdelion said:

Everything stays in the database, whether fixed or not.  A cancellation, for example, even though our stats on the front end are not affected, remains in the database and affects impressions.  It can take up to six months to recover.  This is always denied by CS and SSMs, but that denial is pure gaslighting, because you can see it with your own eyes in analytics. 

That makes perfect sense, and yes, it's gaslighting to say this doesn't impact us.

17 minutes ago, coerdelion said:

I turned off all promoted gigs.  That seemed to help.  Weirdly.

I'll try anything at this point. I just turned off all promoted gigs. As we were talking about in another thread, the results have been disappointing anyway recently, so I don't feel like I'm losing much traction. 

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

As we were talking about in another thread, the results have been disappointing anyway recently, so I don't feel like I'm losing much traction. 

Not when the return on the investment is minuscule, especially after Fiverr takes its cut.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Just another thing that I noticed (not entirely related to the topic, but yes to promotion/etc.) I've been getting a LOT more messages completely unrelated to what I do (and seemingly not scams), from asking for programming (I state I do NOT do it, same as art) to art and just other things. It's just weird. 

• Like 10
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, catwriter said:

It's Easter, so maybe give them a bit more time?

I never expected a solution this quickly. But I really thought that in the last 27 hours someone would have said. "We see you all, we hear you all, standby." If I don't respond to an inbox message inquiry within 24 hours on Easter I get a ding. No recourse. They could respond within the same time frame they hold us to. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 17
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, coerdelion said:

A cancellation, for example, even though our stats on the front end are not affected, remains in the database and affects impressions.  It can take up to six months to recover. 

That I am not sure of. I tend to cancel often, either people order the wrong stuff, they order accidentally, etc, so I have quite a lot of cancellations. I always had a lot of impressions, now my SM said this drop is from first time buyer reviews, and I tend to believe them, because I had some really weird first time buyers recently (lucky me I guess...).  We can't know for sure, but my experience doesn't show cancellations to do any harm over the 2-month period. Most of mine are handled by support so I guess that might help.. Who knows, we can only assume..

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 1

5 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

now my SM said this drop is from first time buyer reviews

The wisdom of killing a successful seller based on the review of someone who has no idea how the platform works.  Stunning. 

We now take you to the Delta Airlines conference room:

We've decided to ignore customer satisfaction reviews from our "Million Miler Club" members, and instead will act on the advice of people who slept in the airport and bought a last minute coach seat for $39.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 17
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

On 4/8/2023 at 6:44 PM, newsmike said:

It's like going to the doctor with a broken arm, and being told "Don't smoke, exercise and watch what you eat. That'll be $348 please." 

It's worse, it's like going to a doctor in the states. Here it would be the same generic useless advice, but at least it would be free.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, newsmike said:

The wisdom of killing a successful seller based on the review of someone who has no idea how the platform works.  Stunning. 

Well even leaving the SM aside, I never had any issues with cancellations beyond that 60-day period. So unless they changed things this January, I do think this focus on first time buyers killed my exposure, since I had a few very difficult first time buyers in February/March. At least that's my experience. 

• Like 11
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, alainaaurora said:

You are such an entertainer! 

That’s absolutely true. But in this case - I’m actually reciting a real conversation that took place word for word. It only sounds made up because Mike and I have a tendency to speak like we’re in a mob film, if it were written by Nora Ephron. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 7
  • Up 1

19 hours ago, leannelrivers said:

My top seller is 'strong, warm British voice over'. But I think it's 'warm, strong British voice over' that's going to be the key to my continued success on this platform. Or maybe 'voice over, British, with warmth and strength' 😉 

That actually makes me wonder. If you create that "voice over, British, with warmth and strength" Gig, pause the original one, if it doesn't get impressions and sales anyway, and then activate the "new" one, would that count as a "duplicate Gig", or would it only count as a duplicate Gig if they both were active at the same time? 🤔

• Like 14
  • Up 1

15 hours ago, newsmike said:

If I don't respond to an inbox message inquiry within 24 hours on Easter I get a ding. No recourse. They could respond within the same time frame they hold us to. 

They're not freelancers, though, they're employees, with working hours and a monthly (or bi-monthly) paycheck.

But yeah, it does feel bad when we have to respond within 24 hours or else, but are forced to wait quite a bit for response from those who are supposed to help us.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:

I think successful sellers are much more qualified to be success managers anyway - at least they know exactly how things work, and how to succeed, and have proven it.

Agreed. I often thought it would help a lot if CS agents have spent some time (considerable time, with the possibility of demotions and all) as sellers on Fiverr. I guess the same goes for success managers.

• Like 14
  • Up 1

Thanks for this thread. I have a lot of questions about what SMs are supposed to or allowed to do.  I'm trying to use mine more regularly and specifically for the first time this year, but the results are dissatisfying.

The mysterious, multi-faceted slump needs to be addressed somehow. Fiverr depends on a solution as much as we do, I think.

• Like 15
  • Up 1

Since a lot of sellers in various niches seem to be impacted by that slump – I can only explain it with recession and companies cutting down. I see A LOT of top sellers with barely any orders in queue these days.

I do not believe that all these sellers got punished for a bad first buyer experience. Also: In some PRO categories, there aren't a lot of sellers – so a worse ranking should not tank sales THAT drastically.

What is interesting though, if you check Fiverr on SimilarWeb, you see their traffic is still very steady this year. In March, it actually increased from Feb by around 9%.

If everybody's impressions, messages and orders drop, you would expect the site is getting overall less traffic.

Curious to see how the traffic will look like for April.

Edited by schreibmaschine
  • Like 13
  • Up 4

On 4/8/2023 at 11:55 AM, newsmike said:

For example, many in the forum have told some version of the following story. In late January or early February, impressions dropped to nearly nothing. In my case from thousands per day to maybe 100 if I am lucky.

There's a simple yes or no question that would shed a lot of light on this issue. I doubt it will ever be answered, because it falls outside the transparency zone of Fiverr. The question:

"Did the development team make a change to the algorithm in late January to early February?"

• Like 14
  • Up 2

I have always been amazed by the total absence of official representatives here. 

If you open Payoneer Community, you will see several Payoneer employees ready to answer all your questions (Actually, you can open a lot of other communities to see exactly the same approach). Moreover, if you post something about Payoneer on one of numerous forums, their representative will appear even there to help. 

Here, I've only seen "we need your feedback: [ADD TOPIC HERE]" posts with no real interaction.

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 18
  • Up 1

27 minutes ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

Payoneer on one of numerous forums, their representative will appear even there to help. 

Good to know. I've been trying to get an answer form the dedicated support team contact page on the Payoneer website and it's been crickets for 6 months. 

Edited by leannelrivers
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1