Adding a picture of yourself to get more clicks and sales...

karyface1

Hi Everyone! I just uploaded new pictures to my gigs, someone told me it would be a good idea to show a picture of myself in the main picture to attract clients so they know who they're working with... do you think it's a good idea? or should I go back to just showing a logo picture as the main picture? This is how it looks https://www.fiverr.com/karyface1/design-the-best-professional-signature-text-logo

Any feedback is good! thank you

• Like 3

You have a really strong, credible profile already so I don't think it will make a huge difference either way, however....

My view is that 'people trust people' and having a personal photo can help build trust. Indeed it's a requirement for the Fiverr Business Marketplace so my view is a personal photo is the better option. But like I say, it's not a huge difference IMO.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

You have a really strong, credible profile already so I don't think it will make a huge difference either way, however....

My view is that 'people trust people' and having a personal photo can help build trust. Indeed it's a requirement for the Fiverr Business Marketplace so my view is a personal photo is the better option. But like I say, it's not a huge difference IMO.

Thank you William

• Like 2

Generally, we don't need that. Imagine yourself as buyer: "Oh I need signature, which should I choose from... No I don't care about how person looks like. Oh brain just see signatures and click gig which looks good one, rest leave others"

But in some categories, its necessary like in "modelling & acting".

But williambryan392 point is also valid (if you want to make yourself brand and want folks to remember you by your profile image).

Like he put same gallery samples with same template. (good seo)

Normally companies want to remember them by their logo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, williambryan392 said:

I was just basing this off the 7K+ reviews.

Obviously that works for her target audience and price range she is selling at. 

But anyway, @karyface1 if you want  to build a brand then it’s up to you to decide if you want to show your face or not and what are your brand values are and based on that play in being “personal” or “corporate”. 

but as a person who creates fonts, I don’t appreciate when people sell fonts as their handwritten logos and especially if they downloaded only “personal use” version that they resell. You use a lot of different fonts, so it’s hard to believe that you bought commercial licences for all of them when they can cost hundreds per font and taking into account price point of your logos. 

• Like 4
  • Up 2

13 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I don’t appreciate

Not surprised you don't @mariashtelle1!

One day there will be a final reckoning I think. All the data, the power of AI, the ability to quickly (and pretty accurately) check whether things are as they should be will cause a lot of people to get burned. If OP or others have been doing what you fear they may (note 'may'), then I guess they could be on the hook for a lot of money.

Retroactively paying for the licenses, the fines, the legal help / representation, and even potentially follow up action by previous clients who have had their business damaged because they are using something they thought was ok but in fact wasn't. I know this is extreme, but I don't think impossible!

Edited by williambryan392
typo
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

One day there will be a final reckoning I think.

Yes, I agree!

5 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

Retroactively paying for the licenses, the fines, the legal help / representation, and even potentially follow up action by previous clients who have had their business damaged because they are using something they thought was ok but in fact wasn't. I know this is extreme, but I don't think impossible!

@karyface1 This is something to consider. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...