Request for Additional Payment Options on Fiverr

ssj1236

Request for Additional Payment Options on Fiverr  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to more payment options like Upwork

Is there any chance of Western Union being implement as a payment alternative? The demand is clearly there and as Paksiatni seller we don’t have access to Paypal. Payoneer, on the other hand, is pretty damn bad.

sitejabber.com Payoneer Reviews - 1.8 Stars

Is there any way this could happen? This would really help sellers in which Paypal isn’t available.

• Like 13

Been using Payoneer for 18 months, had one issue with a payment not coming through.
Contacted support and they asked me to wait 5 days “to be sure”. After that, they sorted it out within 48 hours.

Aside from that, I have not had any issues and the $50 sign-up bonus they gave me initially has covered the $3 per withdrawal fee for me up until last month. All in all, has been great - I guess people like me don’t go to SiteJabber to rant about how good the experience has been…

• Like 11

Been using Payoneer for 18 months, had one issue with a payment not coming through.

Contacted support and they asked me to wait 5 days “to be sure”. After that, they sorted it out within 48 hours.

Aside from that, I have not had any issues and the $50 sign-up bonus they gave me initially has covered the $3 per withdrawal fee for me up until last month. All in all, has been great - I guess people like me don’t go to SiteJabber to rant about how good the experience has been…

Yeah, but then there are people like me that can’t be bothered to leave a review even after hating them with every fiber of my being.

Worst support ever!

• Like 8

Having Western Union as a method for receiving funds would definately be very welcome! I’m happy with Payoneer, but being able to pick up the money cash at Western Union would be great!

Exactly my point! The whole thing would be a lot faster, safer and stress-free for everyone involved.

• Like 8

In my experience, Payoneer’s support is excellent and they refrain from those nasty tendencies to freeze other people’s money and earn interest on it without giving any valid explanations besides, “because we can.”

(Don’t get me wrong - never happened to me as I’ve never used them but dozens of my friends suffered from very shady practices on the side of PayPal).

I’ve had nothing but pleasant experiences with Payoneer in the past 4 years I’ve been using them. Prompt Customer Support, always available Live Chat, excellent, friendly guys that quickly provide solutions, hell - they’ve even let me go into the - $45 balance when I was initially signing up in order to get the Card shipped expressly with DHL (with the only proof they’ve asked for being the screenshot of my Fiverr Earnings).

I’ve had nothing but extremely good experiences both with the Company and the CS and I must say I love them with “every fiber of my being”.

Oh - and not to forget. They do pay their promised referral commissions. On time, every time.

They’re 5/5 in my book!

• Like 7

• 2 years later...

Guys, you don’t have any idea the nightmare it is to try to deal with paypal and banks from 3rd world countries (where most of your sellers are from). And don’t get me started on their commissions. Please, give me the option to get paid in cryptocurrencies. Paypal froze my account last year for no reason, and my involment in this site hangs by a tread. Pay me in crypto please, thanks!

• Like 12

On 9/11/2019 at 9:43 PM, polaris84 said:

Please, give me the option to get paid in cryptocurrencies. Paypal froze my account last year for no reason, and my involment in this site hangs by a tread. Pay me in crypto please, thanks!

As I understand it, cryptocurrencies are highly volatile and largely unstable. Most national governments – particularly the large ones – don’t want to deal with that kind of uncertainty. There are plenty of stable national currencies to work with.

• Like 5

No cryptocurrencies supported or backed by banks and most likely never will. (Well maybe only etherium but it’s only speculation and China even manipulated its cost through news)

Anyway as @jonbaas already said cryptocurrency is super unstable and more on the side of trading and investments rather than payment options.

Actually Ripple xrp is backed by the banks and its not the only crypto involved with banks, arp is already used by banks to transfer fiat form country to country easily and without paying a lot of commissions.

• Like 4

Actually Ripple xrp is backed by the banks and its not the only crypto involved with banks, arp is already used by banks to transfer fiat form country to country easily and without paying a lot of commissions.

Oh well, it’s not really backed by banks. It will be when all the banks decide to start using it as a unified bank currency instead of processing redundant currency exchanges.

For now only 7 banks using ripple. And to highlight they using ripple as a platform for real money transactions but not token.

And on top of that Ripple cannot be bought with fiat currencies, one must purchase existing cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum to purchase XRP.

They do show a good potential but still very far from being “backed” and supported by bankers in the same way as dollar for example.

But again I’m not an expert in cryptocurrencies and happy to be proved wrong.

• Like 6

Oh well, it’s not really backed by banks. It will be when all the banks decide to start using it as a unified bank currency instead of processing redundant currency exchanges.

For now only 7 banks using ripple. And to highlight they using ripple as a platform for real money transactions but not token.

And on top of that Ripple cannot be bought with fiat currencies, one must purchase existing cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum to purchase XRP.

They do show a good potential but still very far from being “backed” and supported by bankers in the same way as dollar for example.

But again I’m not an expert in cryptocurrencies and happy to be proved wrong.

Yes there are banks that already use xrapid and xrp and yes you can buy xrp with fiat on coinbase for example.

• Like 4

Please, give me the option to get paid in cryptocurrencies. Paypal froze my account last year for no reason, and my involment in this site hangs by a tread. Pay me in crypto please, thanks!

As I understand it, cryptocurrencies are highly volatile and largely unstable. Most national governments – particularly the large ones – don’t want to deal with that kind of uncertainty. There are plenty of stable national currencies to work with.

I know, I’m just asking for the option, it is up to me to take that risk or not. I’m not advocating for exclusive crypto payouts.

• Like 5

On 9/12/2019 at 10:58 PM, jonbaas said:

Actually, volatility isn’t (or doesn’t have to be) an issue when getting paid in cryptocurrency. Crypto merchant services let businesses instantly convert coins to fiat (regular) cash if they want. Cryptocurrencies also represent the cheapest and fastest way to send money anywhere in the world and transactions can never be reversed. Many businesses see value in this as it completely prevents chargeback fraud.

Governments also love crypto because it is taxable. In some parts of the U.S. you can even already pay your regular taxes with Bitcoin.

On 9/12/2019 at 2:23 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

Oh well, it’s not really backed by banks.

The being backed by banks is really a non-issue. As it stands, the balance in your bank account isn’t backed by banks. If all the physical U.S. dollars in the world were divided equally among U.S. citizens, they would come away with less than $3K each. This is why banks fear bankruns in times of crisis.

On 9/12/2019 at 10:21 PM, polaris84 said:

I know, I’m just asking for the option, it is up to me to take that risk or not.

I would like the option too. I do have some clients who pay me with crypto (not on Fiverr.) I have also had several big problems with PayPal myself. They really don’t like it when you hop around the world a bit and try to use the same account or open a new one (so you can transfer your money to a local bank) in different locations.

I have also experienced problems with Payoneer, though for completely different reasons. This being the case, I too would like a crypto payment option. However, it won’t happen. To pay sellers in crypto, Fiverr would have to get a completely new kind of license to operate just in the U.S. as a money transmission business. Similar licenses would also need to be applied for in each country Fiverr operates in.

To make matters more complicated, Fiverr paying out in crypto would make the site a magnet for hackers. This would hamper daily operations and require Fiverr to invest a ton of money in more robust security and a whole different set of operating practices.

Having worked on some crypto freelancing platforms, I can also say that there is another hurdle. Basically, a lot of my old leads used to be from people asking for… Well, what can be best described as dodgy services.

What you can do (and what I have done) is create your own website and promote the fact that people can pay you using crypto. Cryptocurrency and freelancing are quite popular search terms and not a lot of freelancers actually try to rank for these. Most of the leads I get are still rubbish. However, promoting the fact that you accept crypto today could be very lucrative when mass adoption finally happens. 😉

Edit: BTW @polaris84, you have awesome gigs! 

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Doesn’t an individual have to physically go to a Western Union area to bring cash to send to someone? Or can it be done electronically over the internet? It’s cash based completely I thought?

I don’t see online businesses using it. It doesn’t seem like it’s meant for this type of situation. How is fiverr supposed to be sending out cash to millions of sellers?

• Like 8

• 3 months later...

Payoneer is a difficult and time consuming method for Pakistanis and also peoples of other countries why not add local E-Wallet for every country so they get their money instantly and easily, but specially for Pakistan add Easypaisa as it also has international Transection support, so Fiverr should consider adding Easypaisa or at least one Local E-Wallet withdraw option for each country where PayPal is not available.

• Like 10

• 3 months later...

I feel crypto currency should be inducted in the fiverr withdrawal methods as it’s been accept by most of the countries now, and some countries (third world countries) don’t have paypal, payoneer and then they use third parties to withdraw there funds and still get charged on it. Won’t this be a better way to just withdraw it straight to your wallet?

• Like 10

• 4 months later...

I believe that when bitcoin goes up, a platform like Fiverr that does not allow payment via bitcoin will see a decrease in their revenues. Would it cost much to implement a payment method accepting bitcoin on Fiverr?

Thoughts

Cryptocurrencies aren’t mainstream or accessible enough yet. Heck, it’s been over a decade of Bitcoin so far and most of the world won’t even be able to have it in their PayPal balance by the end of 2021. It’s the e-ink of finance.

I doubt that there’s even been a single person among the millions of buyers in the last year who have also thought “damn, I would’ve really bought this 20$ gig if I could’ve used my crypto wallet”.

Not a priority at the moment.

Would it cost much to implement a payment method accepting bitcoin on Fiverr?

IMO, yes. I can only see Fiverr spending some of their budget to get the right people and technology on board far from now.

• Like 18

Cryptocurrency is way too volatile and worth it to harm to risk taking.

Also, the transaction fees for it can be pretty high. It’s a lot cheaper to just pay by PayPal or Stripe.

On 12/26/2020 at 12:27 PM, mattboa said:

“damn, I would’ve really bought this 20$ gig if I could’ve used my crypto wallet”.

Exactly. And, as you say, eventually people can just put their Bitcoin or whatever into their PayPal and then pay with PayPal if it’s that important to them. 

• Like 36
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1