Option to disable: You still have time to tell us about this order!

For every order you make, Fiverr prompts you to “snitch” on the seller and tell the website in private how your real experience was. That’s fine, but if you have a lot of orders, it really starts to clog up the notification feed.

I understand the necessity for a such a feature, given the human nature to not want to say something rude to the seller directly, and the importance of distinguishing good experiences from bad ones.

However the current implementation is a bit spammy. Having this feature be a whole extra page of feedback, with extra notifications per order seems unnecessary. 

Suggestion:

1. Remove all notification spam regarding this feature

2. Move the option to describe your “real” experience alongside the public one. So a “public” rating column and a “private rating” column.

What do you think?

• Like 5
  • Up 6

18 hours ago, followthefundev said:

That’s fine, but if you have a lot of orders, it really starts to clog up the notification feed.

I rarely buy something on Fiverr, but the entire reviewing system is too complicated. 

I think they need to use the same approach as AirBnb, when both reviews are left at the same time (first you have to leave a private one, and then a public one). 

As a seller, I have a question for you. 

Will it make you more mad (annoyed) if your sellers additionally ask you to leave a honest review after delivery? 

I am asking that because that's what I am being actively recommended right now. 

• Like 7

You pose a good thought to ponder. I have a couple of clients who I work with several projects in a month and their workforce is heavily composed of several Fiverr freelancers from different verticals. I can only imagine how many notifications/emails they get! 😅

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

On 4/5/2023 at 7:10 PM, followthefundev said:

2. Move the option to describe your “real” experience alongside the public one. So a “public” rating column and a “private rating” column.

I'm absolutely in favour of this and everything that makes the process simpler, faster and clearer for buyers. Some who don't leave feedback because they think it takes too long might do, then, and it should also help buyers who may not be super fluent in English. Often, you even see feedback, where it's clear that the person thought they are writing to the seller, privately, and not publicly posting a feedback.

PS

That's a fun username, and I followed. (not because the name says to, though, but because I'm expecting more great posts like this one ;))

Edited by miiila
  • Like 5
  • Up 2

As a seller, I agree with this. Keep it simple, keep it safe. At the moment, you get three (?) different review experiences per order. A two-parter private review and the star rating. In addition, Fiverr asks buyers generic questions at the start of each order, they remind you to submit requirements, notify you when an order has started and delivered. 

That's a three-parter review process, a set of questions, and three other notifications for every order. If you have 20 orders per month, that's 140 steps you have to take. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 4/6/2023 at 1:16 PM, vovkaslovesnyy said:

Will it make you more mad (annoyed) if your sellers additionally ask you to leave a honest review after delivery? 

I am asking that because that's what I am being actively recommended right now. 

Sellers always ask me to leave a review anyway, and no it doesn't make me annoyed - I understand how important reviews are. But the truth is, if I haven't left a review already it's because it wouldn't be 5 stars so I'd rather just not say anything! It's not worth making enemies over.

When you ask specifically for an "honest" review, aren't you risking a worse rating? Most reviews on fiverr aren't as honest as they could be. When buyers browse your honest reviews, they're not going to know you asked specifically for them to be honest, so relatively speaking it makes your profile look worse if all your feedback is more critical than average.

It depends what your end goal is, but wouldn't it be better to ask for private feedback in the inbox? For example, "how could I have improved your experience on this order?". Most people will probably come up with fluff, but maybe you'd get some useful feedback every now and again! 

On 4/6/2023 at 1:16 PM, vovkaslovesnyy said:

I think they need to use the same approach as AirBnb, when both reviews are left at the same time (first you have to leave a private one, and then a public one). 

Or simplify it further and put just one review. If you have something you want to tell the seller you can do so in the inbox lol

On 4/6/2023 at 5:20 PM, theratypist said:

I can only imagine how many notifications/emails they get! 😅

I usually have about 50-90 active orders, each lasting a week or two - It's quite a lot of notifications! 🥲

On 4/6/2023 at 6:47 PM, miiila said:

That's a fun username, and I followed. (not because the name says to, though, but because I'm expecting more great posts like this one ;))

Haha thanks! 🤣

• Like 7

16 hours ago, followthefundev said:

When you ask specifically for an "honest" review, aren't you risking a worse rating?

That's what I am thinking about as well. However, this is a semi-official position of CS and success managers. 

I was even told the following: "to combat any negative reviews/surveys, we can also ask a buyer to leave a review."

When I have issues with my customers, we can discuss everything in the majority of cases. 

The thing is that for every 10 orders, I have 5-6 public reviews and 1-2 private reviews (so, even one unhappy customer can cause a lot of issues). 

I suppose that Fiverr knows this and that's why we are so actively recommened to ask for a "honest feedback."

And it brings us to the initial idea of your post, to make the entire process simple and user-friendly. 

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

that's why we are so actively recommened to ask for a "honest feedback."

I suppose just be careful how much emphasis you put on the 'honest' part. If you're not specifically advised to avoid just asking for 'feedback', I'd recommend saying that only. If someone insisted feedback be 'honest', some may misinterpret that as asking for criticism and put that in the review. 

• Like 4