Buyer wants me to book him a hotel

thisisbless

Question

Have you experienced booking someone a hotel? to be honest I am not sure if the order was legit since there was no prior activities. He wants me to book him a hotel using my own card since he ordered and it costs $98 including hotel ticket. The problem was I don't have money and I was not sure if it was legit. I don't have someone to ask or talk to.

• Like 14
  • Sad 2

9 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, ocoxemint said:

As a freelancer on Fiverr, it is not recommended to engage in activities that are outside the scope of your gig or involve the use of your personal finances. Booking a hotel for a buyer using your own credit card can be risky and potentially fraudulent, especially if you do not know the buyer and have not established a working relationship with them.

It is important to always exercise caution and protect yourself from potential scams or fraudulent activity. If you are unsure about the legitimacy of an order or request, it is always best to communicate with the buyer and clarify any concerns before proceeding.

In this case, you should explain to the buyer that you are unable to fulfill their request and suggest that they make the booking themselves or use a reputable booking website. If the buyer insists on you making the booking, it may be best to cancel the order and report the situation to Fiverr's customer support team for further assistance.

Thank you so much for your help. What should a freelancer do if the client wants to book him/her a hotel room? and why I cannot cancel the order?

• Like 12
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, thisisbless said:

He wants me to book him a hotel using my own card since he ordered and it costs $98 including hotel ticket.

That's not how Fiverr works, nor is Fiverr designed for that kind of services. You're not meant to spend any money out of your own pocket.

6 minutes ago, thisisbless said:

Usually, what to if ever a buyer wants you to book him a hotel? 

Tell them that you don't offer that kind of service.

6 minutes ago, thisisbless said:

why I cannot cancel the order?

What do you mean? You should be able to cancel the order from the order page, through the resolution center (that is, you send a cancellation request and explain why you wish to cancel, and then the buyer has 2 days to respond (accept or decline); if they do nothing for 2 days, the cancellation will go through automatically).

• Like 13
  • Up 3

7 hours ago, wpmanditech said:

I am not agree with it. As far as I know client should book hotel using his/her card. Are you working as a Virtual Assistant?

Even if he is a virtual assistant... A buyer can easily book his own hotel, the only reason why he would use Fiverr is to ask for a refund afterwards and leave that seller in the gray, scamming him for money. So yeah, if stuff is sketchy, always stay away from it. Just work on stuff you can do and you offer on the platform. If something seems too good to be true, it most likely is. OP should cancel that order and even report to customer support.

• Like 10
  • Up 4