How to get your first order on Fiverr?

sukhart

5 minutes ago, ocoxemint said:

Getting your first order on Fiverr can be challenging, but there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of success:

Optimize your profile: Make sure your profile is complete and professional-looking. Use a clear profile picture and write a concise and informative bio that highlights your skills and experience.

Offer a competitive service: Make sure your services are priced competitively and offer something unique that sets you apart from other sellers in your category.

Promote your gig: Share your gig on social media platforms, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook, to increase visibility and attract potential buyers.

Use relevant keywords: Use relevant keywords in your gig title and description to help potential buyers find your gig when they search for related services.

Offer a discount: Consider offering a discount on your services to attract potential buyers and get your first few orders.

Provide excellent customer service: When you do get your first order, make sure to provide excellent customer service to encourage buyers to leave positive reviews and recommend your services to others.

Remember, getting your first order may take some time and effort, but don't give up. Keep refining your profile and gig offerings, and eventually, the orders will start rolling in.

How can you suggest these to anyone else when you have made ONE Sales on Fiverr yet since October 2022? Have you implemented these tips for yourself? Was the outcome positive?

Work on your profile/gigs first rather than guiding others! 🤦‍♀️

• Like 8

4 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

How can you suggest these to anyone else when you have made ONE Sales on Fiverr yet since October 2022? Have you implemented these tips for yourself? Was the outcome positive?

That post stinks of AI writing. 

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 6
  • Up 2

23 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

That post stinks of AI writing. 

True that and I can see it clearly too. But I can see 80% of the replies from members are via ChatGPT and inexperienced sellers too.. 🤦🏻‍♀️

11 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

You can see it already on the layout of the text. He did not write it, a chatbot did it for him.

Yes right. That's why I asked him that has he ever implemented those tips for his gigs (even I knew that he has used chatbot to create an answer).. 

• Like 5

Hey! as a relatively new seller on Fiverr I should say that I got my first order by making my profile look as trustable as possible:

• Using my own photo as the profile picture.
  • Extensive SEO research to make my gig show up on search results.
  • Making sure the descriptions are well written and grammatically correct.
  • Using with original gig thumbnails and descriptions.
  • Not claiming anything extraordinary, like, "We are a company of x amount of professionals."
  • Being active on Fiverr, I mostly did that by having the Fiverr app open on my phone while I watched through the tutorials on my PC to further enhance my skills.
  • Never doubting the process, I always believed that I would eventually start to get work if I was patient enough.

It took me over a month to get my first order, and to be honest I woke up everyday with anxiety wondering if I was doing something wrong. But, as the first order came in, I provided them with excellent customer support and a few complimentary extras which had them leave a positive review.

It's not impossible to get your first order, be patient, make your profile trustable and if possible get another friend's or a fellow freelancer's opinion on it. You will eventually get work with time.

• Like 6