Has anyone tried a limited time "special"price for their gig?

rosereadings

I’m new(er) to Fiverr and was considering doing a quick sale, something in the lines of " The first five people to request a gig will get it free or very reduced". I’m still learning the ins and outs here; is this kosher? That is are we allowed to run “specials”? If we are able to does anyone have any experience with this positive or negative?

Thanks!

You certainly are allowed to post specials, but they would still have to be in increments of $5.

I’m not sure about providing free gigs, because you want to find people willing to pay for your gig! A lot of other psychics and readers on Fiverr offer their gigs in a format like “For $5, I will provide you with a 300 word reading”. So as a special, you could double the length of your reading. I notice you haven’t formatted your gig in that way, but it’s an example of what I would consider. Another idea might be to offer a free follow-up reading in a month.

I did something like this recently when I did a “new customer sale” (all new customers got 10 minutes free transcription with their first order). I’ve noticed other sellers running short sales once in a while and I don’t think there’s anything against TOS? I personally think it did help me land a few new customers but I don’t know if you can technically offer free or reduced services since the lowest gig price is $5 (and you only ever see $4 of that or less than that if you withdraw to Paypal). I also don’t think it would be in your best interest to give out free services because those people wouldn’t have to buy a gig and therefore wouldn’t be able to leave you a nice review to help your gig look better. It would also attract people who would use you for free work and then never come back to order another gig.

I suggest if you want to do a sale, do it as extra services on top of a standard gig price ($5) that way you can still make a sale and entice customers to buy from you. Don’t do anything for completely free unless you know you’re going to get a paid order or a 5-star review at some point from that customer.

Archived