Spike in dubious messages

motherofgu

Hi there guys! This is my first post on the Forums, but it's about an issue that hit me hard these past 2 days.

I usually get your typical "hi" and then "i can do your work for you" messages about 1-2 times per day. I usually just reply with "hi" and try to see it as a way to keep my response time up.

I have just returned from a week-long out-of-office period yesterday, and just yesterday, I received 34 dubious messages, most of them being exactly those "pls can u help i need money i can do work for u" messages. It was just the same today, where over the course of the day I received 46 (!!!!) messages.

Is anyone else noticing a spike in these beggar messages? I seriously don't know how to handle them anymore. I contacted support, but they say all I can do is mark them as spam. But technically it isn't spam when someone messages me "hi", even though I usually know exactly where this is going.

I'm at a loss here - I really don't know how I will be able to maintain my response time if I get an onslaught like this every day, not to mention that it is such a huge waste of time.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

24 minutes ago, motherofgu said:

I usually get your typical "hi" and then "i can do your work for you" messages about 1-2 times per day. I usually just reply with "hi" and try to see it as a way to keep my response time up.

I am sick and tired of those messages. I started receiving such messages on the forum, via my gigs, etc. At this point I mark it all as spam, because that's what it is, Spam. 

Just reply Hi and mark as Spam. That "hi" is Spam if they don't want to buy something from you...

• Like 6
  • Up 1