I need help understanding why I received a warning

anaritaaleluia

Question

Hello everyone,

I'm writing this because I received a warning saying that I abused the tools to boost my rating. After contacting the support they told me which order caused this and the only thing they could tell me was that I didn't follow their purchase guidelines.

The thing is, I created a custom offer like I always do (I entered the price, the description and the deadline) and I also received the usual notifications saying that the order was confirmed and I could start working on it. Then I delivered the final work using the normal feature to deliver work. I received the notification that the order was automatically completed after a few days. The buyer didn't leave a review and I didn't ask for one.

When I received the warning that this order had been flagged I went to my inbox and noticed that the buyer can no longer be contacted.

I should also mentioned that I never tried to contact the buyer outside the platform nor did the buyer.

Does anyone have any idea for what I might have done wrong?

I appreaciate your time reading this and your reply even more.

• Like 9
  • Sad 4

5 answers to this question

You could look at these links to check:

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service
https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360050216133

but it's confusing if they've said that you didn't "didn't follow... purchase guidelines" if you were the seller and if you didn't make any purchases (that sounds more like an issue with buying).

If possible I'd ask CS for more info to try to find out more exactly what they think you did wrong.

They seem to think it was an order just to boost your ratings. Maybe if you delivered the work too soon after the order was created (like immediately after) they might think it's not legitimate (even if it was), eg. if you'd done the work before the user placed the order. I assume you delivered the work in an attachment (as normal on the order page)- if not that could be a reason. If you split the order unnecessarily maybe that might make them think it wasn't legit (eg. if they think it was multiple orders just for more reviews).

Did you order anything from anyone else in relation to that gig or promote your gig in some way off-site?

Was there anything different about that order compared to others or anything about the text you entered in the offer that might make Fiverr think it was just for the reviews?

But contacting CS again for clarity about it might help.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 7

Thank you for your reply!

I will contact them again. No, I remembered that I delivered the work (in an attachment) about eight hours before the countdown to deadline ended.

The only promotion I have of my gig is on Fiverr's platform itself and I didn't purchase anything else. The text in the description of that order was very straightforward as well (something like : translation of x words and proofread the content)

CS say that they aren't allowed to disclose the purchase guidelines with me

• Like 4
  • Up 2

8 minutes ago, anaritaaleluia said:

CS say that they aren't allowed to disclose the purchase guidelines with me

That's confusing too as if it's guidelines on what Fiverr users are supposed to do then they need to be shown publicly for them to be able to follow those guidelines.

What they're claiming sounds a bit like from the TOS (about trying to boost ratings):

To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Fiverr platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Seller ratings, or to abuse the Fiverr platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.

but it doesn't seem like you've done anything against that and the purchasing guidelines don't seem to apply if it isn't you who made the purchase(s).

Hopefully CS will clarify. It might also be an error by Fiverr's staff/system in flagging.

• Like 8

For violating fiverr terms of service or for any misconduct that has been reported, you can get a warning. like if seller share there email address will receive a warning, and it will also appear in your Fiverr account. Account activity is not restricted by warnings, although they may result in promotion or temporary suspension. A warning may be issued for violating our terms of service by being rude, abusive, using inappropriate language or behavior, spamming, providing false contact information in your profile, asking for the removal of negative comments, manipulating feedback, or misrepresenting your Gig service.

Email warning.png

• Like 4