Buyer requesting a positive review of their service/product as a script for my gig.

ijganru

Question

I tried googling an answer for this, and while I know it's against ToS to pay for things like Amazon product reviews, are people allowed to use my spokesperson gig to have me basically give glowing reviews of some other product or service they have? I'm aware I can just say no, but I'd like to know if this is against ToS because I couldn't find anything about it.

• Like 6

5 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, ijganru said:

are people allowed to use my spokesperson gig to have me basically give glowing reviews of some other product or service they have?

I think that it would fall under a fake testimonial (or something like that), and fake testimonials are forbidden.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, catwriter said:

I think that it would fall under a fake testimonial (or something like that), and fake testimonials are forbidden.

I see, thank you very much. Now, unfortunately I can't seem to find any way to report this, as well as there not being an option to cancel the order without it negatively impacting my stats. Do you have any idea how I should proceed? Or maybe I should contact support before I do anything.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, ijganru said:

Or maybe I should contact support before I do anything.

You can, if you wish to ask them for advice on how to proceed.

As for the cancellation itself, it will have to start from your side; if the customer support agrees with you that the buyer is asking for a forbidden service, they might later ensure that it doesn't affect your stats. However, it's no longer possible to cancel by going directly through customer support.

In short, you can ask them first, and once they understand what's it all about, they will probably tell you to initiate the cancellation.

• Like 4
  • Up 3