Shouldn't I Be Level 2 By Now?

thejeffcallaway

Hi Fiverr Community! I’ll try and keep this short and sweet.

Fiverr’s level page says I must have an excellent rating as well as 50 Sales WITHIN 2 Months

to be promoted to Level 2. I have well over 50 COMPLETED sales but have only been a

member for about 5-6 weeks. Do I have to wait for the 2 month mark to be updated

to Level 2?

I searched the forums for a total of 45 Seconds before I got lazy and posted this question.

Just have yet to see a 100% answer to this…

–TheJeffCallaway

Sheriff’s Note: Moved to Fiverr FAQS.

@thejeffcallaway Do you have the legal right to sell the Marvel comic images you use for that gig? To me, it looks like a lot of your gigs use photos and images which are copyrighted and are not cheap to license. “Everyone else is doing it” probably won’t win in a lawsuit.

Just wondering, and apologies if I’m wrong and you are the copyright holder~

@celticmoon is right. It goes farther than that. You don’t hold the copyright to the characters themselves, so Marvel or Disney can come after you. And Disney is known for coming down hard on people who use any of their characters, ideas, or even just their name. (Just having Disney or Marvel in the name of your gig is enough for them to get involved. And that is the whole other can of worms that is trademark…which is just as sticky…if not more so.) And since Marvel is now owned by Disney they have the might of the Disney lawyers. Just a heads up. (I have experience with this, not here on Fiverr, but elsewhere. Take my word for it…it’s not fun to deal with.)

Thank you everybody for this. Fiver really needs to change their wording. “50 Orders Within 2 Months to something like 50 Orders AND 2 Months Active” Should do it.

But yes. I now fully understand that I need to be here for 2 Months and I definitely see why that is a good thing! I’m about to pass 100 completed orders so I am pumped for some Leveling Up!

Archived