Upon further review, it is found that you do not meet the additional internal factors. Due to this reason, your Gigs are not visible in the search results

lacroix88

Question

1 hour ago, lacroix88 said:

hi guys,someone can kindly clarify what it means? I see my gigs are active despite they are on the last page.

Thank you in advance 🙂

The internal factors that you may have low performance could be: Late delivery, cancel order, private bad review...

• Like 6

1 month I get dozens and dozens of orders (forcing me to work almost 14 hours a day due to overexposure) the next month I get completely blacked out by the search engines,I had so many orders that I had to refund 2 of them and I didn't get below 95% completion rate.

Thousands of dollars came in,but,I don't want to be on the front page forever,but this up and down so drastic I don't think is normal.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, venonusa said:

Welcome to the Fiverr algorithm!
This is how Fiverr algorithm works, sometimes it puts your gigs on the first pages and you can receives hundreds of orders....and sometimes it eliminates 😅 your gigs from the search results....

My advice: Work 24 hours a day when you have many orders, so that when you have months off you can rest.... my longest "vacation" was 3 months.

too bad I'm the only one who suffers from it while my competitors are always in their place,I don't mind being on the bench but these last two months the up and downs are monstrous,in fact that's what I've been doing,I've been destroying myself with work 😄

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1

52 minutes ago, lacroix88 said:

1 month I get dozens and dozens of orders (forcing me to work almost 14 hours a day due to overexposure) the next month I get completely blacked out by the search engines,I had so many orders that I had to refund 2 of them and I didn't get below 95% completion rate.

Thousands of dollars came in,but,I don't want to be on the front page forever,but this up and down so drastic I don't think is normal.

cancellation kills impressions completely

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, grayprogrammerz said:

cancellation kills impressions completely

previous month i had no cancellations,same problem,i dont think this is the case,i had enough orders to keep a pretty high completion rate

• Like 17
  • Congrats! 1

I just want to clarify that I'm okay with the gig rotation,but to completely disappear so many times sounds strange,I mean I'm not even on the last page,and I'm not mentioning that I don't have access to the promoted gigs,too bad

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1

16 hours ago, lacroix88 said:

please check my answer in another topic 🙂 Hope it's help you 🙂

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

I work every day from 09:00 AM until 10:00 PM (sometimes until 11:00 PM). 

24 hours is not possible for me.

2 hours ago, akhterlily said:

yeah! even It's not possible for anyone

18 hours ago, lacroix88 said:

too bad I'm the only one who suffers from it while my competitors are always in their place,I don't mind being on the bench but these last two months the up and downs are monstrous,in fact that's what I've been doing,I've been destroying myself with work 😄

I know that no one can stay 24 hours in front of the pc... but what I want to say that when you have many orders, try to deliver all order and not cancel orders. ( Since canceling orders sometimes can destroy performance ) Or you could get someone to help you when you have too many orders.

• Like 15

22 hours ago, carrotymusic said:

please check my answer in another topic 🙂 Hope it's help you 🙂

thank you for your reply,i am enough on this site to understand that something is not working,i repeat,i don't want to work every day of my life and i don't want to have no drops,but to be shadowbanned completely(it means not to be visible at all) twice in a month is not good,then what am i,the worst freelancer in the world? Maybe.

If that were the case I would not work full time when I am visible,promoted gigs are turned on and off at will,for someone like me who has invested time to create a full time job here is a ridiculous situation.

I want to be penalized for my full demerits,not because some genius put private negative feedback.

This is not financial freedom,but anxiety . 

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

Another thing,this is quite funny,as soon as I get flooded with orders I get invited to do promoted gigs and become plus (or whatever it's called),things that I don't need at that time,when I would need them the site forbids me everything,plus,promoted gig etc.

Things should be balanced a little more,life is not black and white.

• Like 13

22 hours ago, lacroix88 said:

Another thing,this is quite funny,as soon as I get flooded with orders I get invited to do promoted gigs and become plus (or whatever it's called),things that I don't need at that time,when I would need them the site forbids me everything,plus,promoted gig etc.

Things should be balanced a little more,life is not black and white.

You need to understand that FIVERR is a business company that also earns money from the sales of sellers 🙂 Therefore, the more you work and try, the more FIVERR earns and raises the rating of your gig to earn even more!! Only the algorithms need to understand that all your customers are satisfied 🙂 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, carrotymusic said:

You need to understand that FIVERR is a business company that also earns money from the sales of sellers 🙂 Therefore, the more you work and try, the more FIVERR earns and raises the rating of your gig to earn even more!! Only the algorithms need to understand that all your customers are satisfied 🙂 

And since when do clients have the technical knowledge to judge a job? It doesn't work as you say.

They have the ability to put a private feedback 1 or 2 days later,this leaves them a lot of time to consult with third parties and be negatively influenced without talking to me.

So I'm sorry but I think they are all moderately satisfied and I don't justify shadowban in those terms.

Mate if you talk about earnings I have brought thousands of dollars to fiverr,I should get a thank you not be shadowbanned. I hope it is clear how it works.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, lacroix88 said:

And since when do clients have the technical knowledge to judge a job? It doesn't work as you say.

They have the ability to put a private feedback 1 or 2 days later,this leaves them a lot of time to consult with third parties and be negatively influenced without talking to me.

So I'm sorry but I think they are all moderately satisfied and I don't justify shadowban in those terms.

Mate if you talk about earnings I have brought thousands of dollars to fiverr,I should get a thank you not be shadowbanned. I hope it is clear how it works.

I understand and share your frustration! I ran into this twice! But we, as sellers, cannot change anything in the algorithms and can only adapt to them!

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, carrotymusic said:

I understand and share your frustration! I ran into this twice! But we, as sellers, cannot change anything in the algorithms and can only adapt to them!

On 6/5/2023 at 12:13 AM, lacroix88 said:

IF you have too many order then hire someone or built a company ....

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

My main frustration is that there seems to be too many reasons to punish the seller:

1- You have one cancellations (1 out of 10/20 orders) & it completely kills impressions - obviously I’m not sure about the statistics, but seems reasonable to have possibly one cancellation out of that many orders (I got more cancellations due to clients double ordering than for a valid reason), so this piece of the algorithm feels very unfair.

2- Delayed orders (extending delivering time or actually delivering late): both are not similar situations and yet seems like they’re being punished in the same level of severity. Some can argue that having too many orders at once could be an opportunity to either slow down or maybe scale up, but those are not easy decisions, and you can’t just decide to create a company or ask people to work with you because one month you received more orders than usual.

3- Slowing down: this is something I can’t actually confirm but I have the feeling that it’s also being punished. I tend to accept most of the orders that knock my door, i know that it keeps the wheel of impressions rolling, but I noticed some slow downs when i reject clients because i simply can’t do what they want - as i only reject around 15% of leads, I can’t be sure about this, but usually immediately after rejecting a new customer’s request, i find that the amount of new requests i receive (new messages) slow down for 1 to 2 days.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

Hi everyone,I decided to share here a ticket I opened with customer support.

They are a list of things that can improve the life of us freelancers ,obviously it is not perfect and I need your additions / corrections to make sure that I have a hope that things can change.

Basically what I ask most of all is to remove the huge weight that private feedback has for us freelancers,or at least give it relevance when and only if it is accompanied by evidence,evidence that we sellers should be able to disprove.

I refer especially to the private feedback of the buyer's first purchase on the site,it cannot work,a buyer is a buyer is not a quality control inspector and we cannot entrust to their feedback the fate of sellers and drastically affect our visibility on search engines.

There are other factors that can result in negative private feedback. It is not up to the buyer to decide.

Here my suggestions,please add yours  in the comments :

As a seller who has been affected by the negative private feedback and the shadowban system. I understand that you want to maintain the quality and integrity of your marketplace, but I think that this system is unfair and harmful for both sellers and buyers.

First of all, the private feedback is not transparent and does not give the seller a chance to improve or resolve the issue with the buyer. The seller does not know what the buyer has written or why they are unhappy. The buyer may have unrealistic expectations, misunderstandings, or personal preferences that are not related to the quality of the service. The seller may have done everything according to the description and delivered a great work, but still receive a negative private feedback that lowers their rating and visibility.

Secondly, the shadowban system is too harsh and arbitrary. It penalizes the seller for receiving a negative private feedback from a first-time buyer, who may not be familiar with the platform or the service. It also does not take into account the overall performance and reputation of the seller, who may have hundreds of positive reviews and satisfied customers. The shadowban system reduces the exposure and ranking of the seller, making it harder for them to get new orders and earn a living.

Thirdly, the promoted gigs system is not balanced and does not help the seller to recover from the shadowban. I have noticed that when I am on the first page and with so many orders on queue, I can use the promoted gigs and get more visibility and orders.also join Fiverr Plus But when I am not visible anymore, I cannot use them and I lose all my opportunities. This means that neither Fiverr nor I can make any profit from this feature.

I suggest that you reconsider this system and make some changes to make it more fair and effective. Here are some possible suggestions:

- Make the private feedback visible to the seller, so that they can learn from it and communicate with the buyer if needed.

- Give the seller an opportunity to respond to the private feedback and explain their side of the story.

- Allow the seller to request a review modification or removal if they can prove that the private feedback is unjustified or violates your terms of service.

- Do not shadowban the seller based on one negative private feedback, especially from a first-time buyer. Consider other factors such as the public feedback, the completion rate, the response time, and the level of the seller.

- Do not shadowban the seller indefinitely, but give them a clear timeframe and criteria to restore their visibility and ranking.

- Make the promoted gigs system more flexible and accessible for all sellers, regardless of their visibility and ranking. Allow them to use it when they need it most and adjust their budget accordingly

I am aware that I am a drop in the ocean,but it does no harm to try.

A freelancer I work with wrote me,in the last period I gave him 4000 dollars,I am his biggest client,he is a wonderful person and we are very in tune,for me he is like a son/brother. 
A person without malice,who works hard and despite my repeated orders(about 70 in 3 months) he is not visible and does not have the promoted gigs activated.

Do you know what I understood from this? That his completed orders with me and those other few customers he has from time to time count ZERO.
My fault ? Never left a private feedback,only public. 

I am doing this post for him.

If you want comment here your suggestion to improve your seller experience.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, lacroix88 said:

remove the huge weight that private feedback has for us freelancers,or at least give it relevance when and only if it is accompanied by evidence,evidence that we sellers should be able to disprove.

If I understand you correctly, you're afraid of buyers leaving honest, private feedback. You suggest that the satisfaction of your customers should hold less significance when Fiverr endeavors to separate the wheat from the chaff, in a marketplace teeming with amateurs.

You also propose that anonymous feedback should retain its anonymity only when it's positive.

You're advocating for Fiverr to tell its buyers, "Please feel free to share your anonymous and entirely confidential feedback. However, if your comments are in any way negative, rest assured we will disclose your identity to the seller, allow them to review your statements, and provide an opportunity to refute your claims."

Private feedback remains anonymous for a reason: people tend to be more honest when they don't have to confront you directly or speak up in public.

If you're a true industry professional who consistently provides excellent service, high-quality, and superior support to your buyers, you have nothing to worry about

But if what you deliver is substandard and your communication skills are lacking, you may encounter difficulties.

That responsibility falls squarely on your shoulders. As it should be. If you don't have what it takes to win at this, you're probably not cut out to be a freelancer. 

First of all, the private feedback is not transparent and does not give the seller a chance to improve or resolve the issue with the buyer. 

Transparency would render the system ineffective. You were granted ample opportunity to rectify any concerns while the order was in active, and it was on you to vet your buyer and project prior to starting work. 

The buyer may have unrealistic expectations, misunderstandings, or personal preferences

It's your job to manage expectations. 

Secondly, the shadowban system is too harsh and arbitrary. It penalizes the seller for receiving a negative private feedback from a first-time buyer, who may not be familiar with the platform or the service. It also does not take into account the overall performance and reputation of the seller, who may have hundreds of positive reviews and satisfied customers. The shadowban system reduces the exposure and ranking of the seller, making it harder for them to get new orders and earn a living.

This's precisely why Fiverr tells us when we're dealing with a first-time buyer, so we can help retain that buyer. Buyer retention is key to growing the platform. 

Of course, the system is designed to limit your visibility if your performance is subpar. That's the whole idea. If another seller is outperforming you by delivering superior service, they're awarded that prime spot, rather than you. The cream tends to rise to the top.

Thirdly, the promoted gigs system is not balanced and does not help the seller to recover from the shadowban. I have noticed that when I am on the first page and with so many orders on queue, I can use the promoted gigs and get more visibility and orders.also join Fiverr Plus But when I am not visible anymore, I cannot use them and I lose all my opportunities. This means that neither Fiverr nor I can make any profit from this feature.

Why should Fiverr reward you for mediocre work or communication? The reason for losing access is simple: a finite number of spaces are available for promoted gigs.

Your performance dictates all these outcomes. The business world is a meritocracy; not everyone is cut out for it. 

Overall, I see nothing but bad ideas. 

Finally, you are free to leave if you don't like the terms you agreed to when signing up for Fiverr. Nobody is forcing you to work under these conditions. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 8
  • Up 4

I have two things to say:

1. There is no shadowban. Why? Because the "ban" (decreased visibility) is not in the shadows. You can tell by your impressions and ability to promote your gigs.

2. The importance of customer support is on par with the quality of the provided service.

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 10

A freelancer I work with wrote me,in the last period I gave him 4000 dollars,I am his biggest client,he is a wonderful person and we are very in tune,for me he is like a son/brother. 
A person without malice,who works hard and despite my repeated orders(about 70 in 3 months) he is not visible and does not have the promoted gigs activated.

Do you know what I understood from this? That his completed orders with me and those other few customers he has from time to time count ZERO.

If you want comment here your suggestion to improve your seller experience.

That's part of the problem. If you are writing this post for your favorite seller who only gets negative private feedback, and you, as his biggest/happiest customer choose not to fill out the private feedback - that hurts your seller. Start filling out the private feedback surveys (there are 2 for each order) because this counts more than the public one. 

• Like 8
  • Up 2

4 hours ago, lacroix88 said:

his completed orders with me and those other few customers he has from time to time count ZERO.

I doubt that this post will help him...but if you start leaving awesome private feedback for him, that will definitely help.

• Like 6
  • Up 4

4 hours ago, lacroix88 said:

Never left a private feedback,only public.

My Seller Plus Manager advised me to ask my regular buyers to fill out the two private surveys they get sent by Fiverr. Doing so significantly improved my visibility and orders. Not completing those surveys has done more harm than good to the seller; that is like a "son/brother" to you.  

• Like 8

what if the not so good private review comes after 50 good ones? this is what i think happened to me, a particularly difficult client, with an orientation to conflict and misunderstandings, very rude and confusing with the revisions, so the option is to cancel, which also hurts the impressions, or try to give the best possible service given the situation. His public review was already a bit harsh, but immediately after his order was finished I stopped receiving new messages, it was almost day and night, so my take on it was that he left a bad private review (actually when I asked support they kinda confirmed). This is where I also think the system is not fair, seems like it's not making any averages, it just takes the bad and punish you for it.

• Like 5