Order completion % keeps dropping, even without orders?

ghanes14

Question

Has anyone else had this issue? I was at 100% order completion, then a few days, maybe a week later, I logged in to play with gig pricing and noticed Order Completion: 90%. It was still 90% yesterday, and today it shows 88%.

How can my completion rate drop if I'm not receiving orders? I've thought my impressions and orders have been down due to the ChatGPT trend, but maybe it's the completion rate auto-dropping. 😡

• Like 11

8 answers to this question

3 hours ago, ghanes14 said:

Has anyone else had this issue? I was at 100% order completion, then a few days, maybe a week later, I logged in to play with gig pricing and noticed Order Completion: 90%. It was still 90% yesterday, and today it shows 88%.

How can my completion rate drop if I'm not receiving orders? I've thought my impressions and orders have been down due to the ChatGPT trend, but maybe it's the completion rate auto-dropping. 😡

Order Completion Rate ( OCR )  is based to your past 60 days. You can read more from this post: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010975257-All-about-order-completion

So if you canceled an order 60 days ago, this is now reflected in your OCR

• Like 11
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, ghanes14 said:

They never fixed this issue. It happens to me and many other people also. No accounting for it. I've completed orders for example, at the end of a month. And not had any orders for weeks after that. Yet, my OC drops anyways.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If your order completion percentage is dropping even without new orders, there could be a few reasons for this:

Late Deliveries: If you have previously delivered orders late, your order completion percentage can continue to decrease even if you do not have any new orders. This is because late orders can impact your overall completion rate, and the effects can be long-lasting.

Cancellations: If you have previously canceled any orders, this can also negatively impact your order completion percentage. Even if the canceled order was not your fault, it still counts against your completion rate.

Reviews: If you receive a negative review on a completed order, this can also lower your order completion percentage. This is because reviews are factored into your overall completion rate.

To improve your order completion percentage, you should focus on delivering your orders on time, avoiding cancellations whenever possible, and providing high-quality work that satisfies your clients. You can also try to communicate with your clients more effectively to ensure that they are satisfied with your work and avoid any misunderstandings that could lead to cancellations or negative reviews. Finally, if you have any outstanding late orders, try to deliver them as soon as possible to minimize their impact on your order completion percentage.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

Here's the easy explanation for why this is happning. 

Your order completion rate is a percentage of your orders in the past 60 days that you have completed. 

If you cancel an order, and then get no new orders, your order completion rate will keep dropping until you do complete new orders, or the 60 days since the cancelled order passes. 

That's because the orders you completed in the past are keeping your order completion up. When 60 days passes since those orders got completed, your completion rate will drop. You need new orders to complete, in order for it to rise again. 

• Like 12

6 hours ago, seomoznu_rank said:

Reviews: If you receive a negative review on a completed order, this can also lower your order completion percentage. This is because reviews are factored into your overall completion rate.

This is interesting. So you're saying if I get a negative private 'review' on a 'completed' order, that will affect my order completion rate? That's a laugh if true. Considering completing an order has nothing to do with a buyer being disgruntled. If the client decides a week later, they didn't like the delivery, that shouldn't affect order completion. Because the order... was indeed completed by yours truly. Take a movie screening for example. If I didn't like the film, I can't leave a negative review for the theater on their site. Unless... they refused to sell me a ticket. What I can do, is leave a bad rating for the film itself on a relevant site. But the cinema itself fulfilled their obligations. I paid for a ticket, they sold me one.

Edited by nickj2013
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

19 hours ago, venonusa said:

Order Completion Rate ( OCR )  is based to your past 60 days. You can read more from this post: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010975257-All-about-order-completion

So if you canceled an order 60 days ago, this is now reflected in your OCR

Thanks, I suppose they never plan to fix it where only the cancelations on the seller's fault are counted against the seller. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, nickj2013 said:

They never fixed this issue. It happens to me and many other people also. No accounting for it. I've completed orders for example, at the end of a month. And not had any orders for weeks after that. Yet, my OC drops anyways.

How does it seem to impact your workflow? I just canceled my Seller Plus because my main gig was averaging 15k impressions per month, and it has slowly declined the past few months since I subscribed, and now it's hovering around 2k-3k impressions in the last 30 days!

I'm unsure if I'm not getting orders because of the OC rate pushing me back in searches or people saving $ and using ChatGPT. Even my repeat clients barely heard anything from them in the past few months... 

13 hours ago, nickj2013 said:

This is interesting. So you're saying if I get a negative private 'review' on a 'completed' order, that will affect my order completion rate? That's a laugh if true. Considering completing an order has nothing to do with a buyer being disgruntled. If the client decides a week later, they didn't like the delivery, that shouldn't affect order completion. Because the order... was indeed completed by yours truly. Take a movie screening for example. If I didn't like the film, I can't leave a negative review for the theater on their site. Unless... they refused to sell me a ticket. What I can do, is leave a bad rating for the film itself on a relevant site. But the cinema itself fulfilled their obligations. I paid for a ticket, they sold me one.

Not sure how true this is. Others are saying it isn't. However, I don't recall having a canceled order in the past few months, yet I did have a client claiming "AI wrote this", even after rewriting it manually several times. They finally accepted the word, then left me a 3-star rating... and this had been a client I had been receiving 5-star ratings from for months.

It wasn't until after that I started searching and learned what ChatGPT was and that there are various "AI detection tools" out there. What I found was, even after manually typing things up, sometimes those AI detectors would come back, "This is AI".  

So at this point, as a content writer, I am now running my manually typed content through an AI detector to reduce the chance of clients doing it, and it says it's AI. Clients, of course, will believe the "tool" over the seller regardless if you show them where it says "results may not always be accurate." right on the site. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, ghanes14 said:

How does it seem to impact your workflow? I just canceled my Seller Plus because my main gig was averaging 15k impressions per month, and it has slowly declined the past few months since I subscribed, and now it's hovering around 2k-3k impressions in the last 30 days!

I'm unsure if I'm not getting orders because of the OC rate pushing me back in searches or people saving $ and using ChatGPT. Even my repeat clients barely heard anything from them in the past few months... 

Not sure how true this is. Others are saying it isn't. However, I don't recall having a canceled order in the past few months, yet I did have a client claiming "AI wrote this", even after rewriting it manually several times. They finally accepted the word, then left me a 3-star rating... and this had been a client I had been receiving 5-star ratings from for months.

It wasn't until after that I started searching and learned what ChatGPT was and that there are various "AI detection tools" out there. What I found was, even after manually typing things up, sometimes those AI detectors would come back, "This is AI".  

So at this point, as a content writer, I am now running my manually typed content through an AI detector to reduce the chance of clients doing it, and it says it's AI. Clients, of course, will believe the "tool" over the seller regardless if you show them where it says "results may not always be accurate." right on the site. 🤷‍♂️

I've never used seller plus before. But your experience with it certainly isn't an endorsement. I get more work from interacting on LinkedIn than Fiverr to be honest. As for ChatGPT. That's another downside to the tool. Being accused of using it to fill orders. I think in my time here on Fiverr, only one client has accused me of outsourcing my writing. But with ChatGPT now more 'in the mix,' hopefully those accusations don't become more frequent. It might get to the point where writers have to film themselves writing, in order to keep it on the level with clients. I hope not though.

• Like 3