client harrasment

bilal_akhter98

Question

Hi,
I had this client which came to me from a personal reference. But we kept our main business platform as fiverr. All the payments and most of the communication went through fiverr. His last order was completed almost a month ago and now he is saying give me refund which doesn't make sense just because he changed his mind about our delivery after almost month the delivery was accepted and is harassing me by saying that he will file a case. It's been roughly a month since the delivery was accepted. I want to know what sort of protection a seller has in such scenario.

• Like 15
  • Sad 5

7 answers to this question

55 minutes ago, bilal_akhter98 said:

Hi,
I had this client which came to me from a personal reference. But we kept our main business platform as fiverr. All the payments and most of the communication went through fiverr. His last order was completed almost a month ago and now he is saying give me refund which doesn't make sense just because he changed his mind about our delivery after almost month the delivery was accepted and is harassing me by saying that he will file a case. It's been roughly a month since the delivery was accepted. I want to know what sort of protection a seller has in such scenario.

did you deliver your order? did he accept the delivery? Service completed.

You can block this buyer so that he will not be able to send any type of message to you.

Yes, he will be able to ask Fiverr for a refund, if this happens I suggest you open a ticket with fiverr CS and ask for an explanation of the refund, as the order was delivered and accepted by the client.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, bilal_akhter98 said:

Hi,

Let me see if I understand this correctly. 

1. Buyer wants you to do a project. 
  2. You say yes and provide a price. 
  3. Buyer pays you for the work. 
  4. You do the work and deliver as agreed. 
  5. Buyer don't want to pay you because they changed their mind. 

If you delivered what was described in the initial offer, theoretically, Fiverr will not give him a refund. But it has happened, so your money is not safe at this point. 

I would try to work with the client to make them understand that they can't hire you for work, then accept the delivery, and then ask for a refund, unless they have grounds to do so (i.e. it was discovered later on that your work wasn't up to scratch). 

If the buyer actually got through with such a demand and I felt they had no grounds for it, I would send it off to my lawyer. You can always take them to court, if you think you'll win and the amount is worth it. 

But I would wait and see what happens with customer support first. No need to panic over it before anything has happened. At this point, the buyer is trying to force you to give them a refund for work you have already completed. 

Unless they have good reason to do so (changing their mind is not a good reason!) you're most likely safe. 

You could try explaining to the client that you can't go into a supermarket, by a bottle of Coke, drink it, and then go back inside the store asking for a refund because you wanted Sprite instead. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

I'm having the same issue, I delivered exactly what she requested, then asked me to send the vector files and a new logo, I told her that wasn't included in her package.... she got upset and wanted to cancel the order because I didn't give her an extra logo and other files for free.... 

I'm so sick of these people, they're thieves for me! And I really think it's some seller's fault for giving things so cheap, they deliver everything for $5 dls and then buyers get use to that and want to get everything cheap.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3